Dreams, not really horse related!

Toz

Jul 14, 2019
Sorry! Started off horsey though and made me wonder!
I seem to have such weird vivid dreams compared to most people, my husband actually doesn’t believe me
Do you dream like a film, as in great detail and bizarre story lines?

Eg! Last night....
myself and my bosses wife were poo picking fields together whilst watching bales of straw being loaded into a trailer from the field. (That’s the normal bit)
The bales were being loaded by plane. The plane was being flown by a small child with a remote control and it crashed.
His parents were on the plane and I guess died (we didn’t approach or anything, just knew!)
So a huge argument followed between me and my bosses wife as to who had to take the small boy home because someone needed to take him to school and feed him
Her argument was she already had small kids and didn’t want another. So I ended up taking him home, shrinking him (no clue how!) and putting him in a hamster cage
I mean what the hell is that all about? People say dreams mean something or are dreamt for a reason but there is no rhyme or reason behind mine (probably a good job!)
Any dream analysts out there or other weird dreamers?

It's your subconscious having a great time.
Everything we do, see, hear in a day is stored believe it or not! So we dream to process what's important.

No expert but I find the subject interesting. Our subconscious receives things as pictures and wont question anything. That's why you can shrink someone to put them in a cage and carry on dreaming.
Your conscious mind is asleep and would question that!

Reactions: Toz
I rarely dream but when I do its very vivid and can go on for a couple of weeks, every night, similar dreams.
I went through a phase a while back of car or plane crashes where I tried to save others or myself frantically but always failed, so I looked up the meaning of them and it was surprisingly interesting, it wasn't about a fear of dying or having an accident, more symbolic of a struggle that I hadn't figured out the answer to. I guess I figured it out soon after as they stopped.

I certainly think dreams especially bizarre ones are a reflection of our subconscious mind. When my life was quite troubled my dreams were particularly weird, I don't get them much these days thankfully.

I only had really vivid dreams, when I used nicotine patches to stop smoking ... !

I have awful vivid dreams some times I panic other times I scare myself with the direct they can take. I only sleep out 4 hours a night and hate it when my dreams are really bad that is means I get less than I need to function

Last night I dreamt that Ale got loose. Someone I know was holding him at the time and made no effort to stop him and it was that person for a reason. Ale was loose around some sort of government building that then for some reason went on lockdown. I couldn't get near him and was trying everything I could to do so. In the end I stood and watched as he was hit by a car. It was awful, truly hideous and when I finally got to him there was also a dog chasing him. His whole hind leg had been skinned but he was running about seemingly oblivious. That's when I finally woke up thankfully

I am starting my masters in psychotherapy in a few weeks and the analysis of dreams will feature heavily. Dreams are not something that someone else can interpret for you, they are so personal they need to be taken in the context of what else is going on in your life, and you need to find a meaning that makes sense to you. There will be a meaning somewhere as dreams are a way that our unconscious brain is trying to tell us something.

It is relatively easy to spot consistent themes that run through dreams and identify the emotions that go with them. I keep a dream diary and the same theme pops up in many different ways. If you dream often and vividly, this may be worth doing.

I find it really interesting. Seems in very definitely not the abnormal one then, you lot are in that category with me
I also have a weird ongoing, sort of. Every so often with months or a year or more between I revisit for some reason a house. It’s changed a lot. Different decoration different people different era. It’s a really scary dream and I always wake up terrified.

I love dreaming, I think it should be a recognised hobby.

I can sometimes know I am dreaming.
Last night was something to do with baby birds and letting them be free.
I don't do the working out, my subconscious has just worked that out for me.
A hack in tonight's dream would be nice if I pre order since I didn't ride today.

newrider.com