Dressage gear

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
I have a question for you dressage divas: I prefer my tweed jacket to my black one (which I can't find anyway) and wore it for dressage yesterday with long brown boots, a white numnah and a white stock. The tweed is green with a pink line. Can I wear, say, a pink stock? And does my numnah have to be white?! I'm only doing unaffiliated but have had marks deducted before for not wearing gloves so although I'd like to change my look a bit, don't actually want to lose points for doing it!

I think the tweed jacket and pink stock would be fine. Everyone I have seen uses a white saddle pad (I have never seen anyone use a different one) but not sure if that is in the BD handbook (you will get marks deducted if they specify you must use white). Gloves are compulsory though.

I think the tweed jacket and pink stock would be fine. Everyone I have seen uses a white saddle pad (I have never seen anyone use a different one) but not sure if that is in the BD handbook (you will get marks deducted if they specify you must use white). Gloves are compulsory though.
I've never seen people use a different one either but I Googled this and it came up with a thread on H&H and some people said they used brown numnahs - I thought that was just for showing but maybe that's what they meant and I just wasn't following the thread properly!

I'm after a nice stock - mine is just some cheapie nylon thing - if anyone has any recommendations?

Last edited:
I have brown tack and used a brown numnah when we did our dressage. I checked the BD rules and it said either black, brown or white numnahs or saddle cloths. You can download the rule book for free and check what it says about rider and horse wear.

Reactions: squidsin and MrA
newrider.com