driving lessons - essex

Nikknakk

Apr 2, 2004
Essex England
Visit site
Hey,
My mum and I would like to start horse driving lessons but cant seem to find anywhere local that does them, im interested in scurry driving but we both would like to learn the basics and move on from that. Anybody know of any good trainers local etc. I live in braintree in essex and we are willing to travel a little for a decent trainer. Havent a clue! thanks hope you can help x

Try the british driving society website, they have a list of instructors and there must be plenty around your area as the south is fairly well provided with them. The other way to find them is through your local driving club (there will probably be at least two in your area, a BDS one which will be listed on the BDS site and usually there is a Driving Trials group as well which may well be listed on the British Horse Driving Trials Group website. The links for these are in my sticky post at the top of this Driving section of the forum. Good luck, its addictive! :D

hi and welcome I am just to the north of braintree and have just started my little ponies off with a view to scurry in the future (fingers crossed) - I have heard that Ashfields near Dunmow is very good for training .

Your best bet is to get in touch with the group I train with http://www.eacdg.co.uk/index.html they are a very friendly bunch and are always on the lookout for backsteppers so would be a great way for you to learn and meet a few people, unfortunatly there are no BDS drives in our local area I am amazingly close to you and tend to drive out on my own or go to some of the group events

Thank you all very much for replying, will try and get in touch with some people, just keep meaning to start and keep putting it back so just want to do it now! shandy84 where are you based? be nice to come and watch sometime many thanks everyone x

newrider.com