Driving swap shop?

Ive got some driving stuff to swap/sell, its on the july swaps thread in the cafe area, I tried to copy and paste to put the list here but it wouldnt work. Theres some driving books, a driving saddle, a military ride and drive bit and some other non driving stuff.

teardrop

i am looking for a teardrop strap with a brass fitting, prefer a crest, to fit a cob sized black leather bridle. also a straight bar 5" liverpool bit with swivel cheeks. also, looking for a trumpet stlye rein hook in brass for a pad. please pm me if you have one spare to sell, or,i have lots of bits and pieces, if want to swap. i have several breast collars spare, and breeching seats, 2 pr. webbing reins, i pr leather reins, which look like they have never been used, but are stiff and need a good oiling/ conditioning. i browband with large stainless chainlink, never used.

Have 3 phase marathon carriage for sale if anyone knows of someone looking, please pm me. Been used for indoor driving competitions with my 14.2 Appy. Carriage is in burgandy and always kept in a garage when not in use. Thanks! :) (Sorry, not sure what I could swap that for!)

Last edited:
Not to swapas I no longer drive but I have for sale

Full collar harness for showing or dressage /cones phase of driving trials
Balck with Brass fitting to fit 13.2 - 14.2hh Collar is 19" (Collar was ordered seperately at £500)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phaeton Presentation / Show Carriage Unique design, Black with Brass fittings to fit 13.2 - 14.2hh

Comes with set of Brass Lamps, Authentic Holly Whip and Waterproof carriage cover These extras along cost in the region of £700.

All used only approx 6 times, well cared for, only for sale as no longer driving.

Both items owned since new, made specially for us.

Based in Northampton

I have
breaking a horse to harness by sallie walrond which is on ebay for £18 inc postage, Ill send you a link to it if youre interested. (cheapest on ebay!)
Ive also got the encyclopedia of carriage driving by sallie walrond,(£15 including postage) starting to drive by Sallie walrond (offers) and harnessing up by sallie walrond.(offers) , .
I also have size 14 beige in hand trousers never worn.
A lunge cavesson (pony)
A 5.5inch military ride and drive bit.
cob size in hand leather bridle never used.
Big leather muzzle (not grazing muzzle)
leather flash attachment cob/ brown new
2 pads for easyboots, size 4 hardly used.

I need
clicker training books
natural horsemanship books/equipment
Driving bridle cob
ask me if you have other stuff to swap, will consider anything.

sold!

emhadrivingchampion2008.jpg

Last edited:
Lynnemh - I have a 5" Liverpool with swivel cheeks for sale :) Its a nice one, used a couple of times, came originally from Harrods (I didn't get it that way but when it arrived with me it still had the tags on for £72 :eek: ). Looking for £16 + p&p if you are interested.

Im still after a cart to fit a 15hh cob. Doesn't have to be anything fance as it's to break her to drive. In a resonable distance of London would be brill but willing to travel a bit

I have a 5.5inch military driving bit, the type the kings troop use. No curb chain. Its on ebay at the moment item number 170369369751 but would consider swap instead. Also I have on there "break your horse to drive" by Sallie walrond £18 including postage, good condition, I've read it through once and just been storing it.

butterfly bit

4.5 inch cottage craft single jointed german silver butterfly bit in good condition i would keep this bit but the cheeks are too big on my shetty ! swop for an other driving bit with smaller cheeks in the same size !

newrider.com