Driving test soon!

x.Moomoo.x

Apr 28, 2009
South West
Well I have my driving test booked for the 15th Decemeber :eek:

I'm not a nervous driver (but not too confident) but me and my instructor have agreed it's probably down to the fact that I ride horses, and from an early age i've hacked out on the roads with an animal, so driving seems a lot easier (although how some people drive does scare me, they just shouldn't be on the road lol!)

But yeah I reaaaally need to pass because if I don't, it will be wasting money that I just don't have right now, it also means waiting another 6 weeks before I can book another test and will just make everything so much harder. I don't have a car at the minute so if I did pass, i'd have to get insured on mums for a few months which i'm completely fine with as it's just a car really isn't it :D

But has anyone got any tips for when they did their test? Or what examiners look for mostly etc? as passing would be such a help! and mum would no longer have to take me to the stables, hurrah! :D

Good luck for the 15th!

Remember to constantly be checking your mirrors especially when moving off, indicating, braking etc

Always show that you are checking your blind spot by turning and looking over your shoulder.

Remember, seatbelt, adjust mirrors, make sure in neutral before starting.

Always make sure you have the bite when doing a hill start as the slightest roll will be a fail.

That is all i can think off :)

Good luck for the 15th!

Remember to constantly be checking your mirrors especially when moving off, indicating, braking etc

Always show that you are checking your blind spot by turning and looking over your shoulder.

Remember, seatbelt, adjust mirrors, make sure in neutral before starting.

Always make sure you have the bite when doing a hill start as the slightest roll will be a fail.

That is all i can think off :)

Some good tips there!

Also (this is what my daughter failed on first time) don't drive too close to cars parked to the side of you i.e. if you're driving down a narrow road with not enough room for oncoming cars to pass by easily. My daughter ended up clipping someone's wing mirror which meant an instant fail.

Also leave a good distance between your car and any vehicle in front of you.

One tip I was given when I was learning to drive, was to look in the mirror everytime you pass a lamp post.

GOOD LUCK, driving tests are horrible things :)

I sat my test in an automatic, much easier!! When I got to the test centre my instructor was nearly having kittens (don't know what he was getting so worked up about) and I burst out laughing at him, which helped me relax :D

Good luck! Just keep on checking those mirrors!! It took me four attempts back in 1992, so don't know if I'm really good for advice!!! hehehehehe.

newrider.com