Dug out the cold, stiff, *slightly* mildewy tack.....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
... and had a pootle round the school...... not just on Albi, but on Jack too!!!

My daughter has come to live with us. She came up at Christmas and decided the day after I took her home at New Year that she was going to give up trying to make a life - post-boyfriend - in Wiltshire. To be honest, the announcement brought a black cloud over me, not because I don't want her here but just because Dom and I have been on our own up here for 6 years and I was concerned about her being jealous of our horse-time. Plus I needed to sort the house to empty out the spare room for her furniture and to find cupboard space for her in the bathroom and kitchen. So I basically lost my riding mojo and felt a bit down in the dumps. Joey going didn't help. Anyhoo, she arrived last Thursday and actually I now feel like a weight has been lifted. Because she's been single for nearly 6 months and has lived in lodgings since the beginning of November, she's gotten used to her own company and is quite happy to sit and read a book or watch TV whilst I go out.

So yesterday I decided to hop on both the boys, just to remind us all that riding is still on the agenda!! Now I have a pile of tack that needs a deep clean and condition *rubs hands together excitedly*

I love Jack, he's such a handsome chap! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Re your daughter, I kind of know what you mean, my youngest came to stay for a while a few years ago but she pretty much looked after herself and totally 'got' the horse time and the me and OH time, they are grown up's and perfectly capable of doing their own thing :) if you are anything like me you will love having her home and be proper down when she decides to move on again.

Great pics! I should imagine it is a big change having your daughter home again, but as KR says, when the time is right for her to move on you'll probably wonder what it's going to be like without her and feel sad again....

newrider.com