Dumb ass

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Jessica never intentionally touches electric fence, not even when it’s off, if I asked her to walk over it she’d have a fit at my unreasonable request! but last night I was trying to lead Niko out of the barn area, opened the electric gate with my right hand and directing him through the gap on my left. The gate is on the ground ticking away and something caught her attention in the barn and she decided to walk right over it, stepped directly on it. Thankfully she didn’t get much of a shock but she did jump when she realised what she’d done, which scared Niko and chaos ensued (we need a face palm emoji ?). Honestly is it any wonder horses get themselves in so much bother?

Jessica never intentionally touches electric fence, not even when it’s off, if I asked her to walk over it she’d have a fit at my unreasonable request! but last night I was trying to lead Niko out of the barn area, opened the electric gate with my right hand and directing him through the gap on my left. The gate is on the ground ticking away and something caught her attention in the barn and she decided to walk right over it, stepped directly on it. Thankfully she didn’t get much of a shock but she did jump when she realised what she’d done, which scared Niko and chaos ensued (we need a face palm emoji ?). Honestly is it any wonder horses get themselves in so much bother?
I had a morgan called Monty, he grabbed the electric fence in his mouth. Confused by it, he did it again just to be sure.....

Billy will jump over it the minute i lower it. Hes always walking along with me as i move the strip grazing fence. If it goes saggy enough he will be over in a flash.
Hes cheeky too, he grabs the poly posts in his mouth below the wire whilst its in situ. Im sure sooner or later he will suss how to take them out the ground so he can lower the fence to get over.

The gate inside my main gate is electric, it’s shin height on me and even when shes been itching to get to feed or something I’m bringing in, she’ll politely wait behind it even though she could very easily step over it ??‍♀️?‍♀️

Reactions: Huggy
Gracie is still in a sectioned-off part of her paddock, held back by a single strand of mains-electrified rope. She has been wearing a rug for weeks so could quite easily run the gauntlet and chance her luck to reach the foggage that hasn't been grazed since March. However, her fear of electric fencing thankfully retains her and she's grateful for the periodic sliver of extra grass that she gets when I move the fence for her.

newrider.com