Electric fence energizers

I've had a look at the link - depends what you want the energizer for.
If it's for an electric fence for fencing horses, I'd forget it. It's too light-weight and it mentions being suitable for "small animals" or anti-theft.

It only supplies 1000V / 0.5 J for 100m spans. Even if your horse is extremely respectful, you're not going far with maximum 100m of fencing either.

However - rigged up on the tack-room door ... ;) :D

Thanks for the reply, I just noticed that it only does 100m(not big enough for my dogs even:D)
Tempting to rig it up to the gate to stop people walking through field though:p.Joking:D

i agree you need a bigger one. didn't look at the link but we paid about £100 for our mains one which does 7 acres. you need a GOOD earth rod with all energisers particularly mains ones oh and possibly a lead out cable depending where your leccy supply starts

Totally right! We have 2 CP500 from robinsons (£100 & something each) was trying to penny pinch so I don't have to break into my saddle fund:eek:
Unfortunately we can't have mains so use car batteries. Doesn't stop my baby section a though.
With regards to walkers & feeders we were thinking of having a sign made up for the gate....'Trespassers will be given flying lessons' ;)

newrider.com