Electric shock

Jayne

Oct 12, 2014
Hi, anyone else here that gets a shock , just like an electric one, when they groom their horse. It makes a loud "CRACK" sound and we both jump and look at each other as if to say what was that !!! It's really not nice at all, and my horse is skittish enough without her thinking im causing this . Help someone [emoji17]

Its static, the brushing creates static electricity. Are you wearing synthetic clothing or using synthetic brushes? if so change to cotton tops and natural bristles, might help.

Welcome :) Tillytoo is dead right, it is a static electric shock and you will be the one causing it, as she said natural fibres will stop it but in the mean time tumble drier sheets rubbed on her, your hands and your brushes before and during each grooming will help reduce it.

I have a couple of fleecy tops that may be the reason. Tumble dryer sheets, wouldn't of thought of that one !! Cheers I'll let you know how I get on. X

Reactions: Jessey
Welcome :) Tillytoo is dead right, it is a static electric shock and you will be the one causing it, as she said natural fibres will stop it but in the mean time tumble drier sheets rubbed on her, your hands and your brushes before and during each grooming will help reduce it.

Nice one, wouldn't have thought of that either!

Hi all, just wanted to say thanks for the advice and I've not had a shock for 5 days now. I haven't worn any of the 2 fleeces that I have so hopefully they were the reason .
I've been trying to upload some photos of my lady so that you can all see what a beauty she is but a message keeps telling me that the file is too large !! So I'm not sure what to do and also it keeps on crashing . Any advice ? [emoji108]

I'm not normally up this late but didn't finish work till late and I can never get to sleep straight away, so thought I'd have a look around the site, still trying to work it out. X

Reactions: newforest
I've been trying to upload some photos of my lady so that you can all see what a beauty she is but a message keeps telling me that the file is too large !! So I'm not sure what to do and also it keeps on crashing . Any advice ? [emoji108]
I get this but find if I upload to FB then resave them from there they go straight in.... probably not the techinical answer but it works for me

It's a free online photo album, you sign up and put your pics in your album (be sure to set your privacy setting to what ever you are happy with) then you can just copy the image codes and paste them into the image link thingy on here and across they zoom :)

Haha yes, I thought it may be something that you downloaded so I looked, and hey presto as we speak. If you see pictures you know it's worked lol [emoji1]

newrider.com