Elevator bridles

Bay Mare

www.maggieslaw.co.uk
Jun 21, 2004
In my jods!
www.geocities.com
Has anyone used one? What were your experiences? Are they as good as they say on the tin?

Another slightly related question ... they talk about their weymouth bridles being distinctive because of the option of not having a throat lash/latch (whatever you want to call it :) ). Why would you not want one?

I have an elevator bridle. It cost £150 and is quite nice but I'm not sure what difference it has made to be honest. The only difference I have found between my elevator and my old bridle is a slight shape on the head piece to fit around the ears and more padding.

Didn't like the Elevator when we saw it ...very fussy didn't like the buckles they use!

Daughter has Albion on her horse which does seem to make her a bit 'lighter' and we have a cheapy (comparatively!) look alike which we are yet to try.

OH splashed out on an Elevator - its nice and squishy and comfy, but hasn't made any difference to the way Carlow goes. I have a 'cheap' version which is very, very similar and was only £50! It may not be such good quality leather, but I'm sure it will last long enough to be good value for money.

Must admit I was a bit cross with him when he bought it - and bought the expensive reins to go with it, when we've loads at home :mad: :rolleyes: ;)

the option of not having a throat lash/latch (whatever you want to call it :) ). Why would you not want one?

I think that for the throatlatch to actually be effective it'd have to be done up too tight (it used to be to prevent the bridle from coming off :confused: )so nowadays it doesnt really serve a purpose. I suppose it would just be preferance. :)

I think, but I could be wrong as I've never tried, that my throatlash does hold my bridle on without preventing Daffy flexing at all. He has big cheeks ;)

I don't think that the things they've created in it are unique to that bridle anyway.

I also agree with EML, don't like those buckles, nor do I like the overall appearance - prefer hunter bridles. Shan't be forking out £255. :eek:

newrider.com