End of an era :-( lots of pics

Arabmare

Nov 1, 2002
Ashford, Kent
www.kbequinephotography.co.uk
Its the end of an era for me, don't really know why im posting this but hey theres pictures at the end!!
My best friend has met a man and is moving in with him, well she already has. She is also having a baby! Its an hour away from the town we grew up in as children. We have spent 21 years of playing horses, dreaming about owning a chestnut and black Arab and having our own stud. This weekend her mares will leave my place. We have kept horses together from the very beginning. I've never owned horses on my own before. I know she has been waiting for this moment all her life not ever meeting the right man and shes so excited, but to me i'm heartbroken. I wish her all the best and we are not too far away but i've never had to share the passion I have for horses alone. Got to say goodbye to Smartiepants who we rescued form the horse market when she was 5 months old wild and terrified of humans. She has such a bond with my son and yesterday he came down to groom and ride her and say goodbye as they are going at the weekend to thier new home. And Moon, the horse of our dreams, the stunning black Arabian. Its choking me writing this!! Im so selfish I know but just do not know how I will cope!
On the plus side I have a new sharer for Shantih. Just in time! Shes so friendly and we really get on and she has a toddler too and doesn't mind shantihs moody mare syndrome. So have lots to look forward to with getting shantih fit and healthy to be ridden again (baby dragging her down a bit now, time for weaning)
Yesterday whilst we took Shantih in another field to be schooled Moon was playing. Unfortuantly she rolled just before so she looks scruffy!!! They all do at the moment with shedding and mud!!

Sorry for the amount, easier to highlight the lot to upload to photobucket rather than choose one or two!

Luke and his pony smartie pants. I've told him he can have Sahlah but he just laughs and say nooooo smartie is my pony, he dosnt understand!!

moonrun003531x800.jpg

moonrun009531x800.jpg

moonrun012800x531.jpg

moonrun015800x603.jpg

moonrun016800x642.jpg

moonrun022519x800.jpg

My dog holly jumping up licking her! She loves her too!

moonrun023531x800.jpg

moonrun024531x800.jpg

moonrun030800x749.jpg

Moon playing and happy weather nice and rug is off!

moonrun232800x754.jpg

Would your friend not let you loan Smartiepants? Would be such a shame to split up such a good bond between your son and the pony.

Best of luck for the future though, things happen for a reason, perhaps this is the next step u needed, having a sharer can open up lots of opportunities.

It brought a tear to my eye reading that.

My best friend who I had ridden with for nearly 20 years sold her horse 3 years ago. I was devastated. She was my hacking buddy and as I'd moved 30 miles away this was our link between us both. The horses were kept right between where we both lived, about 15 miles from us both so we always spent plenty of time together at the farm.

I'm lucky as she now shares a horse where I was keeping mine so we do still see each other but it's not the same. Growing up sucks sometimes

Hugs to you any change in a close relationship even if just friends can sometimes be very daunting you have great memories and a good foundation to build more friendships on and you are still close friends. perhaps your next path to share is the joy of parenthood as well as horses :angel:

Aw, what nice piccies and thread - bit sad for you I should imagine, but as somebody has already said, you will probs make new friends along the way and everything happens for a reason etc etc. Lovely horses btw.

Don't forget that in a few years her child will be at school and she might have some spare time for meeting and being with friends again.

Lol its made me cry reading your replies!! I agree growing up does suck. I'd love to be in that bubble I was as a child loaning jasmine whilst dawn loaned her daughter Golden. Life was brilliant!! Still you are totally right noone can take away the memories we have. We can write a book about our life and ups and downs of renting yards and fields! Gosh we have had some terrible times but some hilarious ones too!! Thankyou all xx

I feel your pain!

Similar thing happened to me when I was 20. My best friend, field buddy and hacking pal moved away. I got other people in to share the 8 acres but it just wasn't the same. You are lucky you have found someone to share your horse with :happy: and your friend is only 1 hr away :happy: I lost heart , fell in love and stupidly moved to London - selling my horse before I left. Daftest thing I ever did. It sounds like you have your head screwed on though.

Cortrasna moved all the way to blinking Ireland! but now....11 years later we are mustering a plan to get her back here! :nerd: :biggrin::biggrin: So we can have field and hacking adventures again!

Oh gosh.... I got a tear in my eye looking at those pics of Luke and SP :frown:

You never know, AM, perhaps this will turn out to be a GOOD thing for you in the long run.

Hugs xxxx

Can only imagine how tough this is for you, 21 years is a long time, you must be such good friends.

Hope your new sharer turns out to be a great friend too.

Absolutely beautiful pics of your son and SP pony :angel:

Lovely, lovely ponies and photos:biggrin: Sorry that your pal is moving away but hope that you can still keep in touch. I agree with the comment about trying to loan Smartie - your son looks very at home with that wee pony

I think I might have made a mistake - I looked at the link on your signature to KB Equine Photography because I thought it was a friend of ours who's initials are KB :redface: He has just recently started an equine photography business and as you and I are in the same area I'm afraid I jumped to the wrong conclusion. I've just found his business card and I was totally wrong.
Sorry about that

Oh AM ...... ****hugs****

Lovely pics as always, but i feel your pain and know just how lost you`re all going to be to begin with. Being a grown up really does suck, i just hope as one door closes another opens, you`ll stay in touch, i did with my child hood buddy, and when we meet up it`s like we`ve never been apart. She knows i`m here for her anytime, and vice versa. It`s still not easy though, i know xx

Big changes are always hard.

I've had to look back and catch up with your new additions and I see theres been a lot of change! Your filly is stunning, lovely to see your herd again. Hopefully this will just be a new chapter for you, as good as the ones that came before.

I love all you lot, always Cheer me up thank you xxx

Suppose looking after 6 horses with a toddler, house work, part time job, puppy and two cats was getting a bit hard!! Just having it down to my four will help a big deal but loosing half of my field because cannot afford the whole rent on my own. Never mind farmer is haying bottom half and Im going to buy most of it for next winter!

Thanks yeah have four now! Shantihs foal and her half sister being the newest recruits of last summer! Although seriously thinking about changing what I have? Jasmine is 28 almost and me no light bird anymore! Sahlah is rising three and I'm thinking of selling her and getting myself something else to ride out with my sharer? Having all these babies and old horses are no good really can't do anything with them. So talk me out of that one if you please as I get excited thinking about another Arab coming to join me but very sad sahlah is in limbo and hasn't found her home yet! ( she was given to me as breeder gave up)

newrider.com