Equine car boot sale or normal one ?

Toffee_Monster

Feb 13, 2008
Northamptonshire
www.flickr.com
I have so much stuff left over from the Molly and Toffee era its unreal

I have about 6 large packing boxes filled to the brim with all kinda stuff that i really need to get rid of (including some expensive items such as brand new clippers, thermatex rug, etc).

What should i do with it all?
Anyone know of an equine car boot coming up soon or should i try a normal car boot ?

Any ideas?

Personally, I would start with eBay :D
An equine carboot might be better than a normal one, as unless you're in a very horsey area, you might find that you just don't get any interest.

Or what about getting a few other people together and organising your own equine car boot sale?

hhmm i dont really know anyone horsey anymore apart from you lot :D
Have nothing to do with onow really

Only problem with ebay is selling things at £1 is usually what happens and i have SOOO much stuff it may take me days to get it all on there (and then posting it all - blimey)

You never quite realise how much stuff you accumulate over the years do you

I'd go for an equine car boot - if you can find a local one or ad in tackshop.

You could send me a list of some of Molly's old things - I'm a bit skint but might be interested ;)

hhmm i dont really know anyone horsey anymore apart from you lot :D
Have nothing to do with onow really

Only problem with ebay is selling things at £1 is usually what happens and i have SOOO much stuff it may take me days to get it all on there (and then posting it all - blimey)

You never quite realise how much stuff you accumulate over the years do you

I would start by listing it all and prices you want, ebay but remember you % and put reserves on, then put ads in local tack shops and feed shops, car boots are good , horsey people go to a car boot as well!car boot season is nearly over so get in quick.

I started off by putting some on the advertising section of Enlightened Equitation. I put a link to the list in my signature on here, and upped my post rate so more people saw it. ;)

Sold a few things that way, I started listing on ebay on Saturday as I just need the space. Things like the HW rugs I refuse to let go for less than a tenner, so I started them at that. It starts at 15p to list an item, 26 items and about £4.50 at the moment (still some to go), and whatever doesn't sell will either be in the bin or donated to charity.

make a list and see if anyone from here is looking:D

i need extra full stuff,small pony and 6'6 and 4'9 rugs:D

Normal car boots can be a bit iffy, you've got to get the right day (not too hot or rainy) and the right crowd otherwise you won't sell anything. I've done a few carboots and some have been really succesful, sold pretty much everything, but the last one we did we sold about three things :eek: even though the place was packed. Had lots of people offering £2.50 for things that were marked at £15 :rolleyes: but no takers. The organiser came round at the end and said that people who were selling the decent stuff didn't have much luck and people selling the cheap 'tat' (you know, typical car boot stuff) were having a field day. Just the way it goes.

And that was really long and not very relevant :eek:

Turnout. He's out alot and with this rain his rugs are getting drenched!

Nice clippers?
5ft 9 rugs with necks?
Decent books?

Send me a list - but i would think ebay is the best bet too!

Hey - ive got some LOVELY clippers ;)
HAUPTNER / PREMIER DOMINANCE 3000C HORSE CLIPPERS (search them on Peasridge, fantastic reviews - which is why i bought them)

Bought in late December 2007 for nearly £300 - They are in excellent as new condition as only used once, blades are sharp and everything is still in the box, including a new bottle of clipper lubricant spray. Extremly easy to use, light and quiet running - They only weigh 1kg and have a 5 metre long cord also take Lister blades - 15 MONTHS MANUFACTURERS GUARANTEE REMAINING

Books - I have hundreds of books (hardback horse ones including The 100% horse, loads of michael peace books, william fox pit xc / scholing books, etc etc) most of which i've only flicked through once, many ive never even looked at - what are you looking for hun ??

If your going to do a car boot sale it is a good idea to make sure that it doesnt clash with any big shows.

It might be best to investigate the local car boots sales (weather permitting) before you take all of your stuff, some car boots are good and attract good people, others are rubbish and attract the ‘give you 10p for this’ I have not been car-booting for a while so I cannot suggest any.

E-bay it a good way of selling stuff but it can be time consuming, and lots of people are selling equestrian stuff on there. One tip is get good photos of your stuff for sale, this will help you sell.

I'd be tempted to do a bit of both. Maybe sort out the more pricey stuff (clippers etc) and place on ebay as you get more 'target' buyers who might be actually looking for them rather than just the odd person who might be tempted but wants it for next to nothing! Then with all the rest do a horsey car-boot. I've done normal car-boots before and I never seem to sell anthing (maybe it's just me though!:p)

Hi!

Any chance of a list please?? Although I'm rather a long way away, I'm visiting the UK in October - and could happily fill my return suitcase!!!!! :)

I'm always looking for stuff for the local 'riding school' (more like a collection of horses, lots of rescues, where local kids hang out and have fun really!) - many people here are so poor, even many children don't have the basics like hats - the ones who do have hats usually have a 1950's thing with elastic under the chin! ANY tack is appreciated, and Paul & I spend a lot of time mending/making/altering tack, numnahs, etc for the riding school. What we would 'throw away as rubbish' is pounced upon here!!

If you've got anything you think is too 'cra*py' to sell, please let me know - we could probably make good use of it here!

I'd love the clippers because mine have just died, but am too skint to replace them!! :rolleyes:

She asks in a quiet voice.....How much do you want for your clippers, please??? ;):)

newrider.com