Eurovision Song Contest

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Anybody watching? OH and I have finally bought a small telly (how novel!!!) and are intending to watch the Eurovision (it is tonight isn't it?!)
A whole evening of cheese...lol:giggle::giggle::giggle: Reminds me of my childhood, used to get to stop up late to watch the results!!!!

i LOVE eurovision! it was an institution with my sister and I. now we are 100+ miles apart we watch it and text/phone each other to discuss the merits of the songs :p i will be watching, glass or two of wine inhand. Heard the french offering this morning on graham norton and must say i like very much! not a Blue fan and i don't think they will win for the UK.

Hubby is working overnight so daughter and I are planning a eurofest in. I have stuff in to make nachos and chips & dips. We'll be sat with pen and paper marking the acts.....that is of course unless munchkin has other ideas part way through like she did with the royal wedding when she abandoned the party I'd laid on to make memories she could treasure and went out to play with her mates instead. Best laid plans...!

Hubby is working overnight so daughter and I are planning a eurofest in. I have stuff in to make nachos and chips & dips. We'll be sat with pen and paper marking the acts.....that is of course unless munchkin has other ideas part way through like she did with the royal wedding when she abandoned the party I'd laid on to make memories she could treasure and went out to play with her mates instead. Best laid plans...!

can i come and join in?! what fun! we used to do that :D

I love it!! Pizza has just been ordered, wine is chilling in the fridge, OH is esconced upstairs! :giggle: he hates it.

I love Blue too and I've downloaded the song already, I doubt we'll win but at least we have a good song for a change!

My best friend and I will be texting each other after each act and giving our critique!

Watching it here too . . . hubby (who is American) is (bizarrely) a fan . . . about to tuck into slow roast pork belly and various salads - much wine on ice. Should be fun :).

N

joyscarer - I have to agree, I thought Blue really weren't that good!!!

but who is this fella in the tartan?????

I can think of nothing more tortuous. I am funny about music, and bad music makes me cross. I cannot suffer it on in the back ground.....to sit through a night of annoying noise is not my cuppa. You lot have a good junk food night, I will give it a very wide berth.

Azerbaijan really mundane, as were most of the rest! Thought Blue did quite well compared to some of them. Typical tactical and political voting, same old Eurovision, might as well call it the Baltic Song Contest next year!

Ah but although the tactical voting was there in abundance it wasn't quite so obvious as in previous years. It was nice to have a contest where the top was tighter than normal.

I couldn't believe Greece did so well as I thought they were terrible.

I let my daughter stay up and watch it and she's still snoozing in bed bless her

The tactical voting really gets my heckles up. It was completely predictable, Graham Norton got it spot on, just like his predecessor the great Terry Wogan. I was impressed by Blue. Barely a bum note and they gave a good performance. I was also moderately impressed with Jedward. Their backing vocalists kept them in tune and no-one can deny they give their all. I'd rather they had won!

I think the majority of europe needs sectioned for appauling taste in music. Whoever voted for moldova is off their rocker!

newrider.com