Everybody meet.....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
.... Muriel!!!

Unfortunately the replacement master cylinder only partially fixed our clutch problems and we have now worked out that there are bigger problems. Coupled with the necessary works needed for the upcoming MoT we have decided that the value of the car doesn't warrant the work and thus our lovely Astra estate will be shuffled off to the local scrap merchant (and even HE might not want it, it's THAT bad! lol) It did us proud, limping desperately through a very busy Wolverhampton city centre ring road after a home footie match this arvo.... it's final journey... and I am eternally grateful that we didn't have to call Mr RAC.

My lovely daughter saved the day and lent us £500, so we've come up trumps and bought a little Ford KA.... the registration ends "UOL" and that makes me think of the word Muriel.... hence the name!

So although our debt will be cleared on the 1st October, we now owe Sophie her money back.... but I can live with that. The relief of knowing I am mobile again far exceeds another month of debt....

Muriel looks in extremely good nick! What a relief for you - I can't imagine being without a car, well we couldn't even make it to the shops from here in the sticks.

What a very special daughter to come to your rescue!:)

Exactly.... we live 3.5 miles from the nearest shop too and the first mile on foot would be down a steep hill on a 60mph road with no pavement and high hedges.... Not the best for pedestrians... Of even cyclists coz its bloody hard work uphill on the way back!!

Not always, Polly... But the name kind of wangled its way in to my head unintentionally!!!

Good to hear you are mobile again:)
Cars are a necessary evil aren't they? We are stuffed if ours plays up - and you wouldn't be able to get much at the village shop either:( Not around here either. I keep meaning to get a new quad bike battery, I once went to the village shop on it during the heavy snow one winter - its not road plated but I figured the police would have bigger fish to fry that day with the ten foot drifts in places.lol
Hope you and Muriel have long happy drives together.

Cars are awful aren't they, the amount of times I've been stuck because my car won't start or something has broken on it. At least now I have the option that if my car breaks I will just ride the horses over the nearest shops.

Reactions: Trewsers
Muriel has just successfully completed her first Aldi run..... a "staple" in my house :oops:

We have faffed around with her this morning, changing over the stereo etc.... we shall be yard-bound within the hour for a nice relaxing hack, without the worry of cars on our minds..... :)

Reactions: Trewsers
This is like the opposite of my 'story'

I sold my old car for £500 to buy a saddle and you're selling horsey things to raise £500 for your new car.

Isn't life funny

newrider.com