Evolving artwork

I’ve not got around to setting up my website/folksy account yet, so can’t give you a link. I’ll pm you later though if you like?
Ive sold lots through my old yard, friends of those, friends of family etc it kind of snowballed 😁

That would be amazing, thank you :)

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Would they? I am always surprised by what people like to be honest, some like my eldest daughter love my more abstract stuff, other people prefer art that looks like what it’s supposed to. I can never tell what will go down well.
Oh I would think so - how pretty would a set of those look in a bright white bedroom?

Those are super, I think it's very clever being able to create those - I think maybe because there is no colour as such? So even harder to capture things?
Thanks Trewsers, I find them really difficult because all the shading has to be accomplished by using the pen to create different textures, pencil is easy because you can blend it, add darker tones with a softer pencil and erase on highlights, no such luxury with pen and ink.

Reactions: Trewsers
185C1F15-B874-4C8B-AC2C-E6ADC9B89E82.jpeg
This was a college piece for one of my assignments too. We had to use the theme ‘abundance’ I figured what could be more abundant than things you love and feel lucky to own? Well not the pestle and mortar, that was just added to plump out the composition really plus it was quite tricky to get the shape, I like a challenge! But my beautiful knives made by my talented brother, the mohair teddy from my daughter and my ancient oak dressing table are my kind of abundance.

View attachment 105806
This was a college piece for one of my assignments too. We had to use the theme ‘abundance’ I figured what could be more abundant than things you love and feel lucky to own? Well not the pestle and mortar, that was just added to plump out the composition really plus it was quite tricky to get the shape, I like a challenge! But my beautiful knives made by my talented brother, the mohair teddy from my daughter and my ancient oak dressing table are my kind of abundance.
What a great piece of work, I love that you had a theme to work with, and so interesting the items you chose😀

What a great piece of work, I love that you had a theme to work with, and so interesting the items you chose😀
I am most comfortable with pencil as a medium to be honest, it’s all I ever used in my art lessons at school and back in the day I was quite good, but I’ve learned loads of new techniques in the last year, plus I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone and painted, not just water colour but acrylics and oils too! Have to say I definitely need more practise with the paints 😂

7885FCEA-DB23-466D-8E58-C5D353CC115C.jpeg6E44F143-F5F7-4DEA-A08D-FD4B8302838C.jpeg0C47E5F4-C5E1-400E-AA63-C8AB1B6BC31F.jpeg
More coursework, all in watercolour, for the last two we were given a room with a view of the harbour as a guide, the second we got the room and had to decide on our own view outside, we could choose time of day etc, my tutor was totally chuffed I’d done a moonlit scene, the first of his students to do so. 😊

View attachment 105833View attachment 105834View attachment 105835
More coursework, all in watercolour, for the last two we were given a room with a view of the harbour as a guide, the second we got the room and had to decide on our own view outside, we could choose time of day etc, my tutor was totally chuffed I’d done a moonlit scene, the first of his students to do so. 😊

I love these! I could imagine wiling away my time sat on that little blue chair staring out at the boats. My idea of heaven! I wish my house looked like that - I love the blue striped rug too.

newrider.com