expeidenced my frist spook today,

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
so today I was riding the house I was on from the indoor school, but on the way out it seem my foot of somthing it hit the door. which then made a really long banging noise which spoed him.
I didn't fall off thankfully(i thought I was going too) But it did scare me a bit

Yes it can be scary, it all happens so fast doesn't it? Glad you are okay and stayed on. I should imagine along the way you'll have more - don't be put off. Our horse is a saint and very brave and bold but today put a spook in at something my other half had done in the garden! I have to admit, I got off and walked him past it in hand a few times - then got back on. He still did dragon snorts but hopefully will be better next time.

Well done for surviving your first spook! As @Trewsers says, there will almost certainly be more ahead, but at least you know you're capable of sitting to them.

Yep well done for sitting it, it's one of those things really most horses spook at times and you just always have to be ready for it

If all you lost was your stirrup well done. Yup, part and parcel of horses I'm afraid, even Belle who is as saintly as a horse can be will spook now and then.

i've only ridden this horse twice because it was the only my second time at this riding school. next time going in or out of that door, i have to remember to make sure i hae plently of room to avoid toching it and spooking him

Reactions: Trewsers and Bodshi
newrider.com