Fab hunter trial! And Mrs P was norty...

Iron Maiden

Koumpounophobic?
Sep 14, 2006
UK
Today Mrs P went hunter trialling :) First I fetched her in from the field and discovered that she had been climbing on the mound of well rotted manure that for some reason lives in her field, so she had muck up to her hocks as well as the usual black claggy gunk in her tail :eek:

poo3-2.jpg

Her new clip didn't look too bad in the cold light of day though!

poo-2.jpg

poo2-1.jpg

Then our lift and pairs partner for the day rolled up in his lorry, so I went to meet him. We were getting the ramp down when he said 'Errrrm Helen, have you lost a horse?'. I looked up and saw Mrs P, in full travelling gear, careering off at a flat out gallop into the distance! Cheeky moo broke the baling twine she'd been tied to and decided to turn herself out. She got as far as the field gate, called all the boys over and was trying to figure out how to get in & join them when I caught up with her. How norty! Anyhoos, no harm done - heaven knows how but all her travelling gear stayed on, so she was boxed up & off we went.

The hunter trial was fantastic! She was a bit keen & silly at first to warm up but then she settled and was lovely, she jumped a lovely clear round in the novice :) Here is the first fence (then my camera battery died so that's it for pix, boooo)

We were 6 seconds over the time so didn't come placed but I was really pleased with her.

Then we did the pairs, well these things can be rather eventful can't they. We went in the lead & all was going well when I heard a 'slow down' shriek but I couldn't because we were 2 strides off a jump. *Nightmare* I turned around after the jump & there was a riderless horse, with my friend flat on his back on the floor a little way behind & not moving :eek: It turned out the horse had skidded & almost fallen on a corner, & my friend was fine, just winded - in fact he got back on & completed the course. If it hadn't been for the unscheduled dismount we'd have been clear :rolleyes: Heh ho! He was chuffed because his horse is only 5 & it's the biggest course he's ever attempted with him, and I was delighted with P, she jumped clear again without a wobble, didn't mind slowing down and stop/starting when things got a bit dramatic and was a fantastic nanny :D

So rather eventful but a lovely day!

Sounds like fun! Glad your friend was ok though.

You didn't tell me that Mrs P is almost naked. She looks very smart (poo hocks aside).

Sounds Brilliant!!!!!

Honestly cant track any of these fun looking outings down up here:eek:

Norty Mrs P!!! BEt she was having fun lol!!! Glad your friends was ok!!!

Nikki xxx

You didn't tell me that Mrs P is almost naked.

It's a bit of a blanket that shrank in the wash clip...:eek: She's a sweaty betty though, I almost full clipped her so she got off lightly!

Norty Mrs P!!! BEt she was having fun lol!!!

I think Mrs P was expressing an opinion, she'd rather be out with her mates than working for a living, but wouldn't we all :rolleyes:

When does Loulou make her debut

Hopefully the dinky lorry that looks like a portaloo is making the trip across the pennines tomorrow evening in time for parties this weekend :) I'm very excited :D

ETA - the prof pix are up!

Novice - this was coming out of a little bomb crater so jumping uphill, we like doing that.

http://www.klickonfotos.co.uk/photo_galleries/261008ep/pages/261008epinth0 015.htm

http://www.klickonfotos.co.uk/photo_galleries/261008ep/pages/261008epinth0 016.htm

Pairs - this is the jump where my friend fell off just beforehand! I hesitated when I heard him shout, P obviously felt me get distracted & backed off a bit so I waved my crop at her just to make sure she went over. Not pretty but it did the job!

http://www.klickonfotos.co.uk/photo_galleries/261008ep/pages/261008epprs 103.htm

http://www.klickonfotos.co.uk/photo_galleries/261008ep/pages/261008epprs 104.htm

Last edited:
Hopefully the dinky lorry that looks like a portaloo is making the trip across the pennines tomorrow evening in time for parties this weekend I'm very excited

Oooh!! So am I :D Sunday's party is sold out, we are exclusive:cool:

Great pics, she always looks like she's enjoying herself :)

newrider.com