Fake Bartl Saddle Pads in the UK - Where did you buy yours??

Ness812

Apr 25, 2010
Sunny Cornwall

Hi everyone, I'm new to your pages and this is my first message, sadly it isn't cheerful:(
Have you recently bought a Bartl Saddle Pad or Numnah?
Is the quality to the standard you expected, especially when you consider the price?
Bartl Reitsport gmbh are concerned about the amount of FAKE products on the UK market that carry's their name, as the sole Licencee for Bartl products in the UK I am attempting find the source of these fake products.
Do you have any suspicions as to the quality of your saddle pad or numnah, if so please contact us at bronco_uk@btinternet.com Please title your email 'FAKE BARTL PRODUCTS'

We've been issued a licence by Bartl Reitsport (gmbh) - and they have confirmed they do not supply to anyone in the UK - Making us sole supplier. In future any retailer wishing to sell Bartl products will have to do so through ourselves.
The only issue that we have is the possibility of genuine stock held by a previous licence holder, there is however fake goods available in the UK market - This is what we are trying to make people aware of

but anyone could buy off an importer from another country and sell it in the uk still though.

if the terms were favourable.

or could apply to bartl for stock or even a licence i guess.

im guessing you dont have an exclusive agreement and cant enforce that.

i am also guessing that they majority of stock on ebay is genuine and prolly cheaper then what you can supply so your trying to scare monger people into buying direct from you really.

I bought a numnah direct from Bartl in Germany a couple of years ago - it was much cheaper and much nicer than anything I had seen over here - even with the postage.

but anyone could buy off an importer from another country and sell it in the uk still though.

if the terms were favourable.

or could apply to bartl for stock or even a licence i guess.

im guessing you dont have an exclusive agreement and cant enforce that.

i am also guessing that they majority of stock on ebay is genuine and prolly cheaper then what you can supply so your trying to scare monger people into buying direct from you really.

bit harsh for 1st post and newbi Ceiron isn't it?

bit harsh for 1st post and newbi Ceiron isn't it?

Actually i don't think it is very harsh.

Why would the "sole licencee" be trying to track down fake products on behalf of the parent company, surely this is a job for customs & excise, the police, trading standards etc.

The fact that this is their first post is also a little suspicious to me, sorry call me a skeptical old cow but I find it strange that someone who is in business hasn't posted prior to this about the merits of their product, even if they are just the distributor, doesn't seem to make good business sense to me. I'd be shouting out how you could use Bartl products for everything including making the tea.

We don't have to shout about our products they speak for themselves, we have been importing our own brands for years from 2 different countries, we do not need to advertise on eBay. We have just been awarded the sole licence for the UK from Bartl, we are not 'scare mongering' in any way, we are fulfilling our obligation to Bartl by attempting to remove 'fake and inferior' products that are potentially harmfull to horse and rider. We also would like to point out we do not sell directly to the consumer only to retailers, we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't tell folk they 'could' be ripped off. The old addage 'if it's too good to be true then it probable is'!!! If you are ripped off, and you complained when you were warned then there's no point shreiking about it after the fact

Im quite happy to eat a huge slice of humble pie when required and not too big to apologise. I certainly didn't mean to start a witch hunt however you can understand the suspicion especially when its HM customs and excises duty to find fake goods I think I just misunderstood your reason for the post.

Thanks it's appreciated. I agree it is the duty of HM Customs etc.. to deal with the problem, sadly the problem is so great over a wide spectrum of products that customs and trading standards are totally overwhelmed and do what they can when they can, this leaves companies/businesses having to deal with the problem themselves.

Ness812, seems you have got a hard time joining here...maybe if you said hello in the cafe area or something first, it would have avoided the wariness.

But would just like to say Welcome and your new horse is stunning, i love Bretons and am very very jealous:D

newrider.com