Fancy footwork - amazing!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Storm hasn't been lunged nor have I "played" in the school with the lunge together for quite some time due to her injury on her tendon. Vet gave me the go-ahead to try again - (we've been riding, but only in walk and trot for a few weeks). Anyhoo, she thoroughly enjoyed herself! Was amazing, I left the trotting poles in there, and thought to myself that we'd have to work around them - not at all!!!! She gathered speed into canter and I was AMAZED she zipped in and out of them, those hoofs were so sure of themselves! I couldn't help laughing - she must have wondered what I was exclaiming about! So, next time we hack (if it ever happens) I will no longer worry about how she's going to pick her way down the steep paths around us, she is more than capable!!!!! I honestly thought I'd made a mistake not moving the poles but she seemed to enjoy "dancing" in and over and out of them...............great fun all round. Wish OH had been watching and taken a pic of her, haven't seen her enjoy something as much for ages. She was all snorts and keen-ness.

newrider.com