FAO No Angel and Newforest

penniewitch

Jan 14, 2008
Lancashire
My daughter has a treeless saddle theat she has been using on her pony for the last 4 years. It is black leather and has a makers stamp rather than a makers name. The stamp is in the leather and is like two horses heads joined in a circle. I will try and get a picture. My daughter loves this saddle and her pony goes well in it, but it is starting to look a bit tired and I would like to try and get it overhauled or checked to make sure it is still fit for purpose.

She has a brand new barefoot cheyenne that fits him prefectly, she just loves this saddle. I bought it second hand and cannot remember the make, any ideas, thanks in advance.

can't think of anything at the moment, but maybe a randols, I vaguely remember one of the makes having a horse head, either that or fitform, maybe ask showjumper she had/has a fitform.

I can tell you now, it's a Fitform as we used to sell them. Sadly, they are no longer made as the company foresaw the amount of copies that have come about of that type of saddle, hence the development of the Freeform.

Do you know what kind of work it needs? The manufacturers can repair it but as they are Italian, it would need to be sent back there. However, we know a very good and open minded saddler here who has done repairs for us before so depending on what needs doing, that's another possibility.

newrider.com