Farewell my lovely

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
A lady to the end, left us with grace dignity and a final bow, full of mints apples and carrots. Sleep tight my beautiful Sapphire, too good to go too soon.

url=https://postimg.cc/xJSVWrHz]
20240410-080745.jpg
[/url]

• Sad
Reactions: Jessey
I'm glad it went as well as it could possibly, she knew how loved she was. Take care of yourself and your others xx

It's so hard. I am glad for her that you made the decision, though, poor girl. Well done you.
I could not bear to watch her, plus she was likely to fall again as the near fore was weak and could see her stumbling on it. For my own safety, it was time, but not for me as i would have kept her as a pet if i could have. Doing evening stables was awful as she was so BIG there is such a huge Saffy shaped hole.

I'm glad it went as well as it could possibly, she knew how loved she was. Take care of yourself and your others xx
as sarah the vet said it was the nicest fall to the ground ever, she just did it so gracefully and died being cuddled as we both lay with her holding her and talking to her. being such a big girl we were afraid she might fall on us, but the sedation got her from the gate into the field where she was to be buried and then with the next jab she just went onto her knees in slow motion and lay down. Totally perfect for her, a soft landing onto grass and that was it. Worst bit was the burial but at least she wasn't dragged up the field.

The utterly worst bit was when she was put in the grave, as she went in, her head swung around and she looked straight down the hill to the stables where i was and saw her big white blaze for the last time. That finished me completely.

Last edited:
It is so quiet at the yard, everyone more relaxed, but there is a huge ginger presence missing, she used to help fill haynets, even if there wasn't really room for a 17'1 big bottomed girl in the hay barn and she was just so big physically and in her attitude. It is just so so quiet.

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com