Farmkey - I'm absolutely LIVID!!

yeah, we've had a few pratt's from there. one hit the horse with the brand which realy helped!!!:eek:

friend complained and got free repeat as it didn't take:)

but still, they are very unreliable and I don't want mine done. Sam's chipped and Treac has some fab saddle marks!:rolleyes:

we need an auditer
hH

good for you dont let them away with it he should have never hit your horse. I would expect them to send someone else out to finish the job and because of how rude he was to you also i would expect it all for free.
let us all know what happens

Farmkey

I would just like to make you aware that the man in this discussion no longer works for the company.
Farmkey is the UK's number one equine security organisation with 30 years experience in freezemarking.
For more information on Freezemarking and the process please call 0870 870 7107.
Regards
Farmkey

I would just like to make you aware that the man in this discussion no longer works for the company.
Farmkey is the UK's number one equine security organisation with 30 years experience in freezemarking.
For more information on Freezemarking and the process please call 0870 870 7107.
Regards
Farmkey

Glad to see you took action.

Great result and nice to see that Farmkey took this seriously :)

Definately write a letter and i would also print out this thread and send it too, that way they will know we are all in agreement.

That is awful, I had a similar situation with my old farrier, what do they think they gain by hitting a horse! :mad:

personally I think Farmkey have been professional in there response to this. They have freezemarked all my horses and I have never had a problem and I would recomend their service to anyone!!

I have had Farmkey come out 3 times to my lad on my requests and have been fantastic and reliable. I'd have them again for any future horses. The horse will walk in circles as its uncomfortable and the techncian has to keep the iron on so the mark takes properly.

On saying that i'd of punched the person back for that!! So nice to see Farmkey acting correctly in this situation :)

I wonder what they did for Sarah-B at the time? It would be nice to know that.
Ours were freezemarked, and it definitely affects some more than others. The dark skinned and dark coated ones weren't too bad, although some did feel the need to move around (in circles and the lady was fine about following them). Greys need to have the irons on for longer though, and knowing this I had my grey sedated - that was easy. I was pleased I did because a little grey pony got very upset, and the lady had to stop and come back when he was sedated.

I'm wanting my lot done but had previously heard of a technican hitting a horse and refusing to finish the job after being repremanded and its put me off.
Equine dentists must be a different breed as one of mine is very difficult having her teeth done(rearing etc) and yet, she has always been reassured and quietly dealt with until she's quiet and co operative.
I'd like mine freezemarked, but only by a professional.

Thats disgraceful,i would be furious,ive used Farmkey and i must say i had no problems with them but hearing this i think i might be wary about using them again i was going to have my fell filly done.

Have just seen this has been ressurected and Farmkey have commented.

At the time when I complained Farmkey were less than sympathetic, they claimed TC had been "dangerous" which is why the technician had refused to continue which was utter rubbish (he was just circling with the iron in place).

Eventually, they agreed to waive the bill and give me free lifetime membership BUT never apologised.

I have to say, that although Farmkey are commenting here to say this person no longer works for them, I doubt they have been sacked due to this incident (two years after the event) and the post has more than likely been made to limit bad publicity.

Why are people stil resurrecting old threads??? :confused:

What does it matter?

And although I say above "resurrected" I think that was a poor choice of words as the topic has actually been "updated" by the Farmkey post and mine outlining the outcome....

personally I think Farmkey have been professional in there response to this. They have freezemarked all my horses and I have never had a problem and I would recomend their service to anyone!!

Hi and welcome to NR. Do hope this isn't going to be your only post.:rolleyes:

newrider.com