Fat club - For Angel!

Lucy_Angel

Feb 27, 2008
Sunny Bedfordshire
Ok my little angel (with a rather big belly) is on a strict diet and excercise regime. This is after a very naughty mummy (me) went on holiday and was busy with work didn't have time to ride her as much. :eek:

So strict diet and we are going to shift this weight! So advice please peeps on how to shift these calories on my lovely mare! :p

I am weighing her weekly its weigh day today I'll do that later but last week she came in at a whopping 518! :mad: I feel so so so so guilty but she does just have to sniff grass to put the weight on.

Here are some pics of the TUMMY!

IMG_20571.jpg

IMG_20521.jpg

Any ideas what she should weigh - a target weight as such! Anyone else what to join fat club and do the journey with me to get there horses fit! Or am I the only silly and naughty owner to let there horse turn into a porker :mad::( So please help with ideas of what to do, I am riding or lunging everyday but any get fit quick ideas?

IMG_20541.jpg

Also any idea what to do with her mane, its awful! On the wrond side but wehn i put it on the other its really short on top well the underneath bit to the side its on in the pics!

unfortunately i am not very good with advise - after excercising my horse daily(for at least an hour), strip grazing, giving him time in the stable with poor hay - he is still obese and bloats up when on grass and looks even bigger :( :eek:

Isn't it the most frustarting thing in the world! I have been strip grazing her and bringing her in but the other day she got out into the bigger filed :p silly me didn't put the leccy back on and she looked like i was back to square one!

Thanks i think she is very pretty but I am biased! :p

She is pretty, and no where near as obese as some horses I have seen recently.

I highly reccomend muzzling, has been a savoir for me as my mare has been out of work. Using a muzzle in line with more exercise should do wonders. :)

She's very pretty!
I know just how you feel - nothing I do seems to help keep Amy's weight down!
I too have had probs with exercising her, as I had my foot broken 3 weeks ago and am recovering from that - hence no riding, grrr!

However, will be riding again soon and am up to lungeing her starting next week I think.

I will join Fat Club with you! Will weigh her in later and let you know her weight. Maybe we can lose weight together!?

newrider.com