Fate? sometimes I think it happens!!

Arabmare

Nov 1, 2002
Ashford, Kent
www.kbequinephotography.co.uk
So excited! I have been looking for a ridable Arab mare to come and join my herd. I have two youngsters and my foal from Shantih has proved to be the most wired up hot headed thing i've ever seen so made the sad desision to rehome my other youngster that I was just dumpted with for something I can ride so can concentrate on taming my foal and riding out with my friend as felt my fatness I shouldnt be riding my 28 year old even though she shows no signs of slowing down and put my pure bred to shame out hacking the other day! Sorry i'm going on im so excited!!

Anyway the fate thing. My Jasmine (I've had her 18 years I broke her in at 10 years of age she was a broodmare) had a foal called Miss Jade. She was my baby too and I broke her in and did everything with her. Then the owners of the stud I helped up sold her. I was sooo upset. Years later I put up tracing ads to find her but never heard a thing. One day I was trawling through Horsemart and there was a 13.2hh Arab x welsh for sale spitting image of her. I held up some of my photos against my computer screen and it was her! I actually burst out crying. She was up for far too much but I went to see her (not to buy) I hoped the owners would gift her or something but they didn't. Whilst there they showed me a daughter they bred from her. A stunning 3 year old chestnut. She was by thier Arab stallion. I fell head over heels straight away. She had alreadly sold her to her friend and they said shes never for sale. Years passed and I got an email from someone that saw my tracing ad for Jade. They said they owned her daughter. It was Amber and she had been sold! We got talking and a while later she was for sale. She was far too much for me and I was preg so no chance. Once again she had gone. My last line of my darling Jasmine (all the DAH ponies are tiny for me really)

Ive been searching every day for Arabs. I suddenly thought of Amber again. Not looked for her for 4 years. Put her name in google her show name her mums name couldn't find a single thing. That night on my tea break at work I had had a missed call from a number I didn't know. They had left a voice mail. First thing it said was " Hi this is *** owner of Miss serafina your Jasmines granddaughter. can you ring me" Im not the fainting type of person but how the hell can I think of her and search for her then few hours later I get a call from her out the blue. They never did sell her!!!! Called me straight away when they decided she was!! One of us was totally a mind reader??
Anyway went to see her yesterday and she coming home Sunday. I'm so over the Moon I will have a piece of my Jasmine now for hopefully at least another 20 years! She rides Just like Jasmine and I can see my darling Jade in her head and body! Totally fate all my horses were I swear!!

Heres her breeding for you Arab fans!

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/miss+serafina

So sorry its so long!!! Here are some pics I took when I saw her at three

myjade9.jpg

with her dad

myjade7.jpg

Some pics from yesterday! Please excuse my awful riding! I look fat and yukky! I have something in my front pouch took looks like im pregnant!!

arabs227531x800.jpg

arabs229531x800.jpg

arabs245800x531.jpg

arabs246800x531.jpg

arabs251800x615.jpg

arabs254800x689.jpg

arabs281800x730.jpg

her mother Miss Jade my baby girl

jade.jpg

O.....M......G....!!!!

How amazing is that!!

Isn't she like her grandma? You know I love Jasmine and Amber is gorgeous too. Happy families!

Lovely story and what a very pretty family :biggrin:

She looks a bit like an Arab brood mare on our yard....who I love. Think I did a thread on her as I'm a bit smitten lol

wow that is pretty amazing. Definitely meant to be by the sounds of it. I'm really pleased for you! I will definitely have to pop up and see you soon. It's been far too long and I have some annual leave coming up too:smile:

Firstly, you are not fat me lady so get that notion out of your head !!!

Secondly how brilliant is fate, i`m a big believer in it, and how "what is meant for you won`t pass you by" :wink: .... I`m thrilled to pieces that you have her with you finally, and the photo`s are lovely ... i especially like the one where you`re patting her neck ... she`s so 'soft' in that picture ... just beautiful hun :happy:

What an AMAZING story!
The sort of plotline you'd find in the Shantih books - you're obviously meant to be involved in dramas and happy endings :happy:

When things are meant to be !!!:wub: how fabulous tho, i love hearing stuff like that:dance: you must be soooooooo happy!!

You look great together - heres to many more happy reports!

fab pics as always x

newrider.com