Fav song, film and book??

liz_scarlet

Jun 6, 2011
Roslin
I'm bored! What are your favourites???

Mine are

Heart shaped box - Nirvana
Dead poets society (although Monty Python Holy grail & lost boys almost got top spot!)
and
Pride and Prejudice (and recently Anita Blake series)

Song - If You Tolerate This by the Manic Street Preachers
Film - The Black Stallion
Book - Lord Of The Rings trilogy, or The Secret History by Donna Tartt

Song - Mr Brightside (because everyone always sings along!)
Film - Tangled
Book - The hunger games trilogy

Oh, that's impossible! But here's how I feel now, it will be different in 5 minutes.

Song: Arlington by the Wailing Jennys
Film: Oh oh so hard but will probably go with Ben Hur
Book: Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel, ahead by a nose from Fire from Heaven by Mary Renault

So many I can't think of just one. The atm old favs I am playing are

Music: Manic street preachers ' you stole the sun'
Howard Jones,' New song' Alison Moyatt, 'Invisible' and most from that album. Always like Simply red, Simple minds and REM.

Film: Anything stupidly funny like 'national lampoon' type stuff.

Books: List as long as my arm. Forever Amber, Gone with the wind, War and Peace All the Harry Potters. Recently I read 'Shadows of the workhouse' Just reading a Readers Digest selected Edition atm it has four great stories in one big book. 'The ghost', 'Sacrifice' (really good), 'The man in the picture' and 'Power Play'.

As a child I loved the 'Jill books' and the ones about the 'Silver Brumby' set in Australia. I bought the first one at a Motorway service station on the way to Wales and read the whole lot in one go. I love reading with a passion.

oooh this is a hard one!

Song: Everything I Do by Bryan Adams, or anything by Bon Jovi
Film: Depends what mood I'm in but one of my all time faves is Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (slight theme here...)!
Book: Not really a big reader anymore, I loved the Harry Potter and Twilight series, and I like Jill Mansell's books too. One of my fave books I read as a teen was The Boy in the Bubble by Ian Strachan.

I have current ones...they are my all time favs.

Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans is my addiction song of now, her voice is so haunting and gives me goose bumps. Just have to remember not to sing along as its impossible! lol

Film - how to train a dragon

Book - desire by Danielle Steel (I want to be the heroine in it :giggle:)

Ooooh good thread! Difficult though!

Song: Pet Shop Boys - Suburbia

Film: The Lost Boys

Book: Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier

I guess recent ones would be:

Song: Dirty Cash - Dizzee Rascal

Film: (Been a long time since I watched one, but, more recent than my previous choice, I'd say The Village or There's Something About Mary)

Book: Gladiator - by Simon Scarrow

Oh, good thread, but so tricky to answer as songs/films/books are three of my favourite things! :wub:

So today, I'd say:

Voodoo Chile, the Stevie Ray Vaughn version
Don't look Now, with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie
Birdsong, by Sebastian Faulks

Song : Everybody's Talkin' - Harry Nilsson (although I do like The Beautiful South's version too)

Film : The Sound of Music :)o)

Book : The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

Current choices for me (they change all the time) -

Song - Sing - Gary Barlow & The commonwealth band

Film - Pulp Fiction or The Silence of the Lambs

Book - Atonement - Ian Mcewan

newrider.com