Feeling positive after today's lesson!!

chickflick1066

May 7, 2004
West Yorkshire
Had a wonderfulicious lesson :D

I rode a nice 15.2hh ish tb dark bay mare called Annie. It was only half an hour - which I was relieved about. I was late though, so was probably less then 30mins, so that'll teach me for being late!!

Just worked on me being assertive and having more control. I seem to an electric bum and ride quite light, which allows the horse to just get progressively faster and whizzier as we go along - and boy was Annie a forward going beast.

She just kept wanting to run! But I did feel safe on her, despite her anticipating canter in every corner. Stuck to mainly canter, concentrating on me keeping the weight in my ankles and bum in saddle.

Finished with a 10 inch X pole which Annie flew of course. Felt like :D when I got off and instructor said I rode well :D

Go Annie!

Well done :D

It's lovely when it all goes so nicely and you don't want the ride to end!

Cleo & I have been doing the same today - more control, being assertive and getting timing of transitions when I ask for them.

My RI says I should be "floating" just out of the saddle in canter :confused:

Good to hear! :D I've had a burst of assertiveness the past few weeks since I've been back to once a week riding. It's almost like before it was always, "Well, it's no big deal if Coquette doesn't do it exactly right, because there's always tomorrow and the next day..." but now it's, "Got to do this perfectly or else it'll be another week until I can try again!"

When's the next lesson?

yrock.gif
Well done Mint! That is great news especially as you were quite aprehensive.

Way to go!!!
YAYYY.gif

newrider.com