Feeling run down and and need an energy boost!

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
I've been full of a sn**** nose for 2 weeks now and wake up feeling **** need cheering up:( I don't think I've had a month this year when I've been ok... I've never suffered like this in all the years I've been on this earth! Xmas I had Roasea (a viral rash) then a water infection 3 months on the trot, and now a cold, that's not a cold (not really gunky) a cough when it gets on my chest, and occasional headaches:(
I'm fed up now, I'm usually really healthy...............

Last edited:

scotnut

Mar 13, 2009
Scottish Borders
Cuddles!!!! and I don't know what else you want to cheer you up but have a gander at my thread in the sofa area and smile 'cause I'm well in a grump about it today!! x

Dark Storm

Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
Cuddles!!!! and I don't know what else you want to cheer you up but have a gander at my thread in the sofa area and smile 'cause I'm well in a grump about it today!! x

I'm just popping over (walks over to the second door on the right in the corridor;))

valkyrie

Feb 8, 2010
West Yorkshire
Certainly doesn't help does it this weather :(

I know how you feel cos I had a year of getting every virus going but I have no spleen so now have to take penicilin for rest of my natural - blurgh!

If you are still not feeling well soon though might be worth another trip to GP as you could have some form of post viral fatigue. Hopefully not though

Try ginseng and co-enzime Q10 for energy. I had ME and that really helped. :)

laceyfreckle

May 27, 2007
Essex/Suffolk
I've got a similar thing to you, go to your GP I did very reluctantly (thanks NR) but the antibiotics they've given me have helped a little. I was diagnosed with bronchitis and laryngitis. (still haven't got my voice back yet though).

Being ill all the time really is horrible. My son has had 4 months of being well since he was born (he's 22 months old now). He does have a underlying condition but it shouldn't make him ill all the time, it's horrid. Maybe keep a illness diary and show it to your doctor if you keep picking things up. My son is having tests for his immune system soon as it seems so bad.

Dark Storm

Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
The gp thought it was a virus that brought the rash on.. it was supposed to take up to 3 months to disappear, it went after 4 weeks (phew!) I've been back, and thought it odd, when she said, "and what do you want us to do for you?" That's why I was there:mad:

bluntcrayon

Oct 21, 2009
Chelmsford
Sorry to hear that, must be rubbish. Winter before last I got a bad cold once a month during the whole winter... blamed it on public transport but I've only been had one cold at Xmas and a stomach bug a few weeks ago since then and that's with tube travel (ugh) now thrown in :confused: Echinacea is good for the immune system... the liquid is better than the capsule, a few drops in a glass of juice 3 times a day, tastes a bit like plant fertiliser (not that I eat that but how I imagine it tastes... kinda soily!) but seems to work. Other than that, healthy diet, plenty of sleep, not much else to suggest!

Dark Storm

Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
It's getting to the point now where I don't even have enough energy for 'other things':rolleyes: if I have a nap in the evening, I still feel sleepy, and want an early night.. still getting up after 9:eek:

Lobelia Overhill

Oct 14, 2004
I've had the flu myself, and I'm feeling very run-down now, not sure I have the strength to ride even if I do manage to get to the stables today!