Feels colder now......

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
In a morning than during the winter proper!lol, or am I just being a softy?!!!! I think I got rather spoilt with that amazing patch of hot weather a few weeks ago, because I aren't half feeling the damp and cold atm! Every morning I like to ride before work and today I didn't have much time (just 20 minutes saddle time!) so didn't move on to doing much fast and warming work, ergo I was frozen! (If I could inser the blue icon here I would!). I wonder if because we expect it to be nippy in a morning during the winter we just get our heads around it?! I've really felt it - anybody else the same??????

All this damp air and blooming rain has made it feel a lot colder, definitely. Several of my friends made the mistake of saying here comes summer when we had the mini heatwave in March. If that turns out to be our summer they are in serious trouble for tempting fate!

I think we are just feeling it after our little March heatwave.
I'm back in my winter waterproof gear although put on the moor this morning I had to take my jacket off when the sun came out.
Damp always makes it feel a bit chillier.

We had about an hour of sunshine this morning, quickly turned into yet more rain .... praying for a bit of sun for this week end though. I tell you what Mrs T, there was frost here 2 mornings on the trot earlier in the week, followed swiftly by more rain ... It has most definitely turned colder again :( !!

It does!

We moved in January from a lovely top floor flat that was always warm, even without heating and we're now in a 140 year old house without double glazing and wooden floors! It's ALWAYS cold! Although in reality we've had the heating off in the evenings since the start of March.

Henry is out in his MW :yellowcarded:as he seems ok with his summer coat under it, I do worry about him sweating up but this is the best fitting rug he has!

I am thoroughly fed up with the weather at the mo,I hate cold and wet,is just miserable!!

I put the winter duvet back on the bed last night,bl**dy ridiculous at almost the beginning of may!!

Horses are naked as loathe to put rugs back on this time of year (and one is fat and could do with shivering a bit!),but think they are sick of rain and hail now,look right fed up bless 'em:frown:

newrider.com