Feet feet feet

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
So up until 4 weeks ago I didn't really know Ale had anything wrong. Trust my trimmer entirely and he's always sound.

This time she mentioned white line disease/infection in fronts. He was very sore after his trim. I've been soaking with Milton twice weekly on fronts, today did backs too. Spraying with sole cleanser and popping clay into cracks every day.

This is his feet today. And just any opinions or things you would do I'm happy to hear. He had a ring on his hoof that has just grown out so I'm wondering if that's why I'm suddenly having issues? His trim is in 2 weeks and he's sound now on hard ground.

Near fore, one with the hole in
Screenshot_2019-09-08-09-36-52.png
Near hind, white is clay
Screenshot_2019-09-08-09-36-40.png

Other hind
Screenshot_2019-09-08-09-36-48.png

Off fore
Screenshot_2019-09-08-09-36-56.png

First I would say they're not looking too bad after the white line disease. When Mattie had it I used White Lightning gel and it knocked it on the head at once, but his look so much better that I would see if your trimmer thinks they need more attention before taking any other action :)

Reactions: MrA
I'll bet with your diligent routine you've got it under control and your trimmer will note a big improvement at the next trim. Interesting that a ring has grown out at a similar time to finding this, you are probably right that it is linked and hopefully the next trim eliminates it and what's growing behind is nice and tight :)

Thank-you both of you, I know I'm panicking for no reason and his hooves just won't fall off but can't help it. I'll carry on doing what I am and see what she says next trim!

Reactions: Jessey
Thank-you both of you, I know I'm panicking for no reason and his hooves just won't fall off but can't help it.
I totally get that, with Jess' problems I am a bit OCD about feet, looked at a someones horses last week and was actually a bit shocked, they obviously hadn't been trimmed in months and it looked like the last time they had been properly cleaned was at the last trim too :eek:

newrider.com