Field injury: not for the squeamish

Bloody hell, Jane!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm glad you've sought professional medical advice though! What did they say?

Bloody hell, Jane!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm glad you've sought professional medical advice though! What did they say?

*sharp intake of breath* "Ooh, that looks nasty!" "Blimey, that is horrid!" and other encouraging things.

They said my OH did a good job with his field dressings. The nurse cleaned it with iodine, ow, ow, ow, ow. And redressed it with iodine wraps, which were ow but have settled now. I have to go to our GP surgery to have it dressed every 2 or 3 days until the nurse says it's ok, and watch out for infection, and it will scar. But who sees the backs of your knees? I mean, except on the beach, and I am too old to worry about that ;)

As usual I got told what a fantastic patient I am, so brave and good humoured, and I just wish I wasn't always getting the opportunity to demonstrate it... At least I didn't faint, though it was close when I got wiped with the iodine!

Reactions: orbvalley and MrC
Jeebus!!!! Those are crackers!!!

Feel for you mrs those look seriously painful xx

Vibes for healing and Bio-oil does work x

Oh Jane! :oops: that looks so incredibly painful - and Iodine on them too - oh my I thought we had moved on but guess it must still be very useful. I remember the pain from my childhood from the iodine swab but believe me it was a light scratch compared to that! Masses of soothing healing vibes on their way :(

O Wow - that looks awful !! Dreadful how quickly these things happen before you can do anything to mitigate... Glad you sought professional advice - those wounds need keeping a careful eye on. Bad luck and well done for keeping a lid on the ouchies - not sure I could have done.

Bl**dy H*ll !! I read your original post but tbh took it with a pinch of salt as many people do exaggerate but OMG that looks incredibly painful and serious!! So sorry to see your clearly in agony and get well vibes for a speedy recovery xxxxxxxxx

newrider.com