Finally a good week, good news and lots of ribbons

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
After calling the vet out on Sunday as Chanters wound was leaking puss at a fast rate so more drugs needed and 2 more vet visits. Today the vet came back out and removed the stitches and staples and he looks great. Even said he might be able to go out on Friday.

He has been amazing so calm and chilled he walks with me every morning and evening to Gingers field and I drop the lead rope round his neck and he just grazes away until I have poo picked, feed etc and then I pick up the rope and he walks back to the stable happy as anything. Ginger is the one I feel sorry for as he is on is own now. :(

But Sunday Ginger and I had an amazing clear round which I am still super impressed with then today we had our first go at affiliated dressage on a ticket (which I had won a couple of weeks ago) first time in a long arena as well. Ginger was going really well when I came round the corner in canter and he spotted my caller who had bent down to see the letters and spooked across the arena it took me three attempts to get past her and back in canter. Then I switched off and missed my next marker letting him run flat :( I was a little annoyed with myself as I knew what the judge was looking for as well and I did not give it. Anyway we scored 63.89% which for our first affiliated was amazing considering the problems. Our test sheet was looking great all 7 and 6.5 then drops to 4's for a couple of moves before picking back up oops. Any how 2nd place another ribbon.

The best part was when the judge spoke to my RI after and told her we need to work on the canter to get the higher marks and when my RI told her that 3 months ago we struggled getting and keeping a canter at all she was super impressed and said I had a amazing pony with loads still to come:D

My amazing OH has also offered to buy my membership for BD as a well done gift.

Tomorrow I am riding in the ISL with work.

Reactions: Rubic and Calluna
Absolutely fantastic!! Well done you, thats no mean feat.

Am so pleased Chanter is on the mend, and sorry for Ginger, but he sounds to be OK about it and probably knows Chanter will be back again soon.

Having only done one very minor Intro test, I do know just what you mean about switching off! I remember trotting up the longside and thinking 'oh god, I don't know whats next, and then suddenly I remembered! And thats only one test I have done. Can't imagine how I will remember a different one and not get confused!

And to get second - you should be so pleased with yourselves, really well done.

That's a brilliant result! Very much looking forward to hearing how you get on in your BD ventures!!! The Ginger one is a testament to your hard work :)

Glad to hear that Chanter is on the mend, sending lots of healing vibes and hope that he is fully back on form!!

newrider.com