Finally! And for what?

chev

May 7, 2002
right here, right now
After waiting over six months for an appointment with neurology I have one tomorrow morning. Not the consultant- that would be too much to ask :rolleyes: - but with the nurse practitioner. Please keep fingers crossed that they can do something about the epilepsy this time around, I just want it sorted now. :(

Reactions: Wally
I hope they can sort it for you :) fingers crossed

I went to hospital re my epilepsy... they did loads of tests and I was diagnosed frontal lobe epilepsy..... its scary... one day I was in Birmingham for a conference on the way there I had a fit next thing I woke up in hospital.... really shakes me up when I have seizure :(

Reactions: chev
I hope they can sort it for you :) fingers crossed

I went to hospital re my epilepsy... they did loads of tests and I was diagnosed frontal lobe epilepsy..... its scary... one day I was in Birmingham for a conference on the way there I had a fit next thing I woke up in hospital.... really shakes me up when I have seizure :(

Yep, been through the tests. The EEG they did pretty much meant I had epilepsy - I had a mild seizure whilst doing the breathing exercise! It is scary. I find I get confused ith it too. Such is life I guess.

I know this sounds odd, but it is good to have a seizure during the EEG so that the medical team can see exactly what they are dealing with. I have only ever had two seizures, which is insufficient for any diagnosis and obviously I could not describe them. I did not react to the EEG which simply made things much less clear. Fortunately I have not had a reccurrence for a long time, but can absolutely understand that a regular thing needs sorting very quickly. Hope you have some positive feedback Chev x

Reactions: chev
Thank you! I have to admit I'm feeling nervous now. They always ask me what happens when I fit. How the fricking hell do I know?! Mr Chev is coming in with me to answer that one! All I can say is I wake up on the floor with no memory of how I got there. :(

Well it was a total and utter waste of time. They were running about twenty minutes late although I don't mind that, someone times things do get delayed, but poor Mr C was so stiff he could hardly walk when they called me.

She was a lovely person and asked all about the seizures I have. She had my notes in front of her and showed me how long this has been going on - I thought I saw him six months ago but apparently that was a locum. I last saw my consultant in March 2015 so well over a year ago. He is still insisting that I be put on this drug and the psychiatrist won't budge on lowering or stopping the other drug. He's the third psychiatrist I've seen in that time.

By this time Mr C was struggling and she talked more to him than to me. The upshot is that she will ask the consultant to send me out an appointment and take things from there. Fingers crossed its not another year.

Oh, well, I suppose it's a rung on a ladder, but it's a pain when two consultants point treatment in opposite directions. A friend had a new heart valve put in and she got anterior compartment syndrome in her leg due to a bit of tissue lodging in the vein in her leg during the operation. The hert man said she was to walk 3 miles a day and the leg consultant said no walking rest with it elevated and neither would budge! :(

newrider.com