Finally off the lunge line

Palooshka

Jun 24, 2019
Had my 5th lesson on Saturday and now I'm finally free of the lunge line. It felt so liberating to be riding him under my own control and now can't wait for what's to come with my next lessons. Bring it on :) :)

But on a sadder note, my instructor told me that they had lost one of the horses last week as she'd got poorly. I got even more choked when I realised she was the first horse I had ever sat on and the last horse I rode in my last lesson 2 weeks ago. So bless you Molly and thanks for being kind and gentle with me and putting up with my novice ways.

Never feel depressed or that it is a set back to have a lunge lesson. Can work wonders for your balance and safety on a horse.

Absolutely. I wouldn't have made the small progress that I have without it and it certainly helps to build confidence, especially when the only animal I'd ever ridden was a donkey on Weston sands when I was about 5 years old, many years ago.

It's sad when they pass, especially if you have that bit of a connection. Good for you though - every step feels like a huge achievement, doesn't it?!

It sure does, I absolutely love every moment of it. Hate it when my lesson comes to an end and I'm back to countdown until the next time. But it's nice to be part of this forum and be able to communicate with like minded people

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Excellent progress :) its sounds like you have a good instructor who's going to carefully build your confidence :) it's sad about molly, run free girl x

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com