Finally starting to relax! *some pics*

Auqeam

Jul 3, 2008
Washington, West Sussex
Edit - sorry for the huge pics, first time i've used photobucket and the re-sizer won't seem to work for me?

Gushy post ahead but I just have to shout about my lovely share horse! :wub:
I'm such a nervous rider but he is giving me confidence and teaching me so much (along with his lovely owner:spin:)

My OH and me share B once a week, but his owner often asks if we want to hack out with her so we take it in turns each week. He's just so fab to ride!

Last weekend his owner organised a ragwort pulling day, which included a little fun course to do. I've never done anything before like that and even though it was just a tiny course we had so much fun! Things like walking over tarpaulin, round a little maze, round some 'roadworks' etc. I was so nervous I only did it in walk :eek:. We even got rosettes! (My OH was secretly very excited about that :giggle:!)
B was a bit naughty with OH but once he was told he couldn't carry on trying to grab grass he went well and OH handled him like a pro.

Few pics, please excuse my probably appauling position etc, was too busy concentrating and being nervous! :eek:

First riding my share ladies own horse round the maze:
IMAG0695.jpg

Collect the ragwort postcard:
IMAG0699.jpg

Post it in the ragwort postbox:
IMAG0700.jpg

Collecting the flag:
IMAG0703.jpg

Getting my first ever rosette
IMAG0708-1.jpg

Then doing the same on B:

Attempting reinback (badly!)
IMAG0714.jpg

IMAG0718.jpg

B thought the red box might eat him, but with a bit of encouragement we got there in the end..
IMAG0717.jpg

IMAG0719.jpg

Not sure what happened to my toes here :frown:
IMAG0721.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

Over the finish line (hence the grin!)
IMAG0725.jpg

Rode him tonight in the field, just walking and trotting, he was great as usual and he seems to really enjoy being ridden. There were pigeons trying to roost in the trees and a grinder going off in one of the nearby warehouses but he took no notice. Can't ever remember riding being so fun :wub: Just love him!

Last edited:
That looks really good fun (and like you have to be really accurate!) B looks lovely too. What bridle is that? I only ask because the horse I ride an the RS when I have my lesson is bitless too as he has a soft mouth, but he has a hackamore which looks quite different to what you're using in those pictures.

Thanks guys! It's so nice to actually have fun with a horse and not feel constantly terrified like I usually do. My confidence with him is carrying over to my riding lessons and progress is finally being made with regards to cantering. The 'C' word even popped into my head when we were trotting round last night! I thought 'i'm really looking forward to cantering him' which is so very not like me at all! :smoke: :dance:

That looks really good fun (and like you have to be really accurate!) B looks lovely too. What bridle is that? I only ask because the horse I ride an the RS when I have my lesson is bitless too as he has a soft mouth, but he has a hackamore which looks quite different to what you're using in those pictures.

Hello :)
He's ridden in a Dr Cooks bitless. He does have a normal bitted snaffle bridle as well which his owner uses occassionally but apparently he constantly mouths the bit and gets foamy, so as he goes so well in the bitless she tends to stick with that. He's got brilliant brakes thankfully!

That looks great fun - and very imaginative - I think sometimes if you have to concentrate really hard on something you are trying to achieve when riding you just seem to forget to be nervous without even realizing? Your position doesnt look at all bad to me - in fact its miles better than mine I think!:giggle:

That looks great fun - and very imaginative - I think sometimes if you have to concentrate really hard on something you are trying to achieve when riding you just seem to forget to be nervous without even realizing? Your position doesnt look at all bad to me - in fact its miles better than mine I think!:giggle:

So true about the concentrating thing! It was harder to worry when having to think about where I had to go next! Think i'll leave Olympia to the experts for a while though :giggle:

I'm sure your position isn't as bad as mine Cortrasna, I resemble a sack of spuds :giggle:

Two lovely looking horses. I am pleased you are starting to find your confidence what a fun way to learn about scarey situations using the course a definate confidence giving course :)

Which is officially your share horse the black or the chestnut?

Thank you :)

The chestnut is our share horse, the black one is his owners main horse but he was such a pro on the course that she let me ride him first. They're both lovely!

newrider.com