Finally! Time to ride again!

snailspace

Learning @ a snail's pace
Jan 9, 2002
Indiana, USA
Visit site
My husband and I started a business, which turned me from homemaker to Human resource manager, marketing director, employee, payroll clerk, etc. etc. Sigh. Yesterday I had my first lesson in about two months! And to make it more interesting, I was on a "new" school horse (my beloved Blackjack can't jump anymore:( ).

So Gamby (buckskin quarter-horse-type with the longest winter coat I've ever seen:) )behaved very well, and I was not nearly as "out of it" as I thought I'd be, after such a long break. He is SO out of shape, though. And he is very forward, and I'll need a lunge lesson or two on him because his canter was very hard for me to control (half-halt, NO; slow down, NO; bend and flexion, NO, but I'm going to canter over that jump over there, if you don't mind), but we'll get it eventually, I'm sure. He's been living in the "winter woods" like a wild horse since September, and now is having his vacation cut short to work with the likes of me, so who could blame him?:)

Oh, I'm also working with another instructor now, because the one who I started working with in October (after my instructor of 4 years moved away) is a college student, and our schedules didn't mesh this semester.

So, let's see, change of horses, change of instructor (again!), and NO time to come ride on my own now (should be doing payroll instead of chatting to you all), so why am I happy? Because I think Gamby will be a fun horse to ride, he's already shedding that winter coat because SPRING IS ON THE WAY, I think the new instructor and I will get along great, and hopefully the business will get to a point soon so we can hire someone to do some of my work!

AND hubby says when we start seeing a decent profit, I can start looking for a horse!!!!!!!:D

Sorry, this is one of those long threads that doesnt' say a whole lot. Just felt like sharing, I guess.

Oh congrats on all sorts of things - getting back in the saddle, starting a new busines, starting to think about looking for a new horse:D !
Glad to hear you had a great lesson & good luck w/your new horse/instructor.

My goodness, what a lot has been going on in your life recently. So pleased to hear that everything is working out so well, and soon you'll be looking for your own horse, wonderful. L

Well, if it means a new horse, than I certainly wish you great business success ;) (naturally, I'd wish you success even if a future horse wasn't involved).

I'm glad you enjoy your new lessons. The horse sounds like he's a bit strong, but you seem to be up for the challenge. Enjoy!

newrider.com