Finding a sharer? in Glos...

showbusiness

May 20, 2009
I'm posting this on behalf of a good friend of mine.

My friend is looking to find a share horse in or around Cirencester, Glos. She is starting at the Uni there, but is a very outdoorsy person and not really looking for the whole student lifestyle. She is a very experienced rider (has done a lot in the showring), is extremely reliable and enthusiastic and is more than willing to muck in with all chores etc. Depending on where the horse is, she's quite happy to do the early mornings and make a contribution each week.

She's not very sure where to look though - any ideas?

Have a good look around online, there's always lots on places like Horsemart, the classifieds on here and lots of other sites.
Also Countrywide in Cirencester, there's always been lots of adverts for sharers wanted, or could she put up adverts herself?

I hope i've helped :)

where on earth is countrywide in Cirencester though? I've heard its there but never seen one!
There is a saddlery just outside the centre of Ciren-walking distance its called Cotswold Saddlery the lady who runs it is Lindsay- she may know of someone or let your friend advertise maybe? try supermarket notice boards too Horsey owners eat!!:p

Fab, you've been most helpful, I shall relay all information. I wasn't sure what the deal was with sharers, it's not something I've ever encountered before!

I know she is gutted to be leaving her horses at home, and is desperate not to stop riding on a regular basis while she is away.

Would consider mine but am not really close enough for horse visiting, Cirencester to mine is ok for the odd shopping trip or similar but you wouldnt want to do it daily for long.
Will keep an eye out tho x

I'm just outside of cirencester in Brimpsfield (near Birdlip, 15min drive), i'll have a few horses of my own in this winter to bring on and sell, so if she's interested, get her to pm me, plenty of riding/competing for the right person. :)

Advertise in the cirencester countrywide. Its just of the dual carriageway.

I know someone who is looking for a sharer in Cheltenham. Think it might be a bit far but it is ciren side of cheltenham if it is of interest. PM me if need be.

Theres someone at our yard with a super horse (sane as well!) looking for a sharer... we're about 20mins from Ciren and have great facilities, PM me if interested and I'll pass you on her details!

newrider.com