Finding land / private yards

cobmum

Sep 13, 2009
Middlewich
As i have been struggling to find a livery yard with or without a stable, i am now on the search for land and even better land with stables or planning permission!!

I have been around tack shops to see if any private yards or fields are for rent and had no luck, online searches are not turning anything up either.

Im i missing something :confused: Must i start to hang around country pubs and accost local farmers? :wink:

Mine was advertised in the local tack shop.

Where we are, most "yards and stables" restrict turnout altogether in winter, so people rent land more, and in summer, the yards open turnout back up and they disdappear :)

I think i will make some wanted signs, it cant hurt i suppose plus it will save me having to hang around the country pub in a wonderbra.... JOKE!!!

Can you get to Hazel Grove? There's a big yard there (lots of stables!), and they're still out 24/7.. very strange, as Yo (who's getting on and isn't well) wouldn't dream of allowing the horses out like this after Nov 5th!
A lot of yards are know by word of mouth, you might be better looking further a field, and enquiring at local tack shops:smile:

Have pm'd you :smile: I also meant to add, they have a lot of acres, fields of it, and cut their own hay:smile:

Down by us its all word of mouth. Fields are never empty long before having a new tennant.

One of the big farming families who own most of the land in our area actually have a waiting list for their fields :smile:

Occasionally I have seen small private yards for rent in tack shops though so thats probably a good bet, also putting up a wanted advert may work or at least worth a try! Otherwise accost a farmer :mstickle:

It's word of mouth and door knocking that would generally do it round here. We also have a site called the NFED that is spot on for finding, advertising what you want.

Fields for grazing without limited turnout are like gold dust around here and very very rare!

newrider.com