Finding out how to post a picture

Thank you for your compliments.

I don't think I have cracked it after all, I tried to post another photo and again got the message the image is too large. Then I remembered this photo was part of a larger photo and therefore smaller. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

If you crop the photo slightly its a quick way of making it 'smaller' (less then 1mb) to upload. If you are on a pc you should be able to save it at a different size which changes how large the file is so you can then upload it :)

I will have to find out from OH how to crop an image - I'm a computer dunce but he can do this sort of thing.

Yup agree cropping is easy when you know how. Just wanted to say what a gorgeous horse! Looks like you are flying. :)

"Too large" refers to the file size I believe. I often get it when I try to upload pics from my iPhone. I export them into a smaller format so they are less dense, then I can load the whole picture.

It does refer to the file size, but cropping reduces the file size quite a lot from even a small crop :) on my pics it does anyway

But what is this uploading? Can we avoid a link to photo-bucket now?

Yup. Next to your blue Post Reply button is one that says Upload a File. From there you can upload the photo from its location on your computer. When it's finished loading you insert it into your post either as a thumbnail or the full image.

07.01.jpg

Or if you don't click either of those and just click Post Reply, it will add it as an attachment.

Reactions: Kite_Rider and Skib
I upload on picassa then right click pic and get drop down menu and click copy image url. I then click pic icon above this box typing in post and paste the url.

Gattino - I too use Picassa for my pics, but it has mty real name whereas I use an alias on horse forums for good reason. And my Skib account was always with Photobucket.

It does refer to the file size, but cropping reduces the file size quite a lot from even a small crop :) on my pics it does anyway
Mine too Ale, even just the tiniest amount from the edges will reduce it quite considerably, apparently it remove a lot of data that's embedded in the file or some such techy info that I don't understand.

newrider.com