Finding out who owns land?

Hi
The best start would be the Land Registry. You'll need the OS reference for the land.
Good Luck
Mich

I normally meet the land owners by having a good old gallop across their land... they'll be the ones chasing me!! :D

Council land registry website should shed some light on who owns the land. :)

try www.landreg.gov.uk
its quite a complicated site though, and its a lot easier to pinpoint the land in question if you have an exact map reference or address/postcode. I tried to do the same for a piece of land near us and never managed to get the info we needed from the council or land registry.

It may be worth ringing some local estate agents - any who have a development/land & new homes department will know a lot about who owns what in the area, so even if they can't help with that particular plot they may know of something else that would work for you.

We've done this a couple of times on the internet - someone has already posted the link. One time I knew the address, but on other occasions we have give the rough address and sent a map with the area highlighted. They will reply with the OS field number, and name and address of owner. You can then just pop them a letter.

Found it quite easy, and it's only something like £3. No bugger round here wants to sell their land though!

Good luck,
Sarah.

newrider.com