finding riders

hollysmum1973

Jul 6, 2008
south west
Why is it so hard to find people to ride ponies? I've been advertising for ages to find a rider for my dartie but not getting any replies. he's not silly or dangerous but he's only 12hh. When i was a kid i'd have paid to ride for someone lol

I wanted a small adult for mine, there are some about, but they are like gold dust. I've ended up with a girl who's 16. It depends a lot on where you're based for access etc I imagine

I was going to say exactly the same as eml - a parent might not be horsey enough to be interested in your ad and the kids will be too young to be looking. Ask the rs to find someone suitable and approach them for you.

Well, like I said, I have on offer a 16 yo girl who is currently taught by the Scottish dressage team instructor, rides beautifully and is 5'5", weighs probably 7 stone wringing wet, is competent and happy to ride mostly anything. She is at school in the Perth, Scotland area so if you want her, pm me or get my details from our website and phone me.

I am not convinced I will be coming back to the new improved NR, so make the most of this offer NOW!

http://www.thordale.co.uk - my details!

such a shame, im in dorset.id happily let a small adult ride him and have done in the past

Grrr, see if you were up this way your problem could have been solved in a millisecond! (I have 3 and a bit children that ride and only 2 ponies, one of which is a unbroken dartie!)

dont worry as you'll find someone - it took me ages to find an adult who was light enough to ride Robbie - plenty of kids to ride him on the L/R but he needs more than that and you have to be good to ride off L/R

I got there in the end, but took a while of weighing up people when meeting them at various social events - thinking "humm, under 9 stone or not".... We got there in the end:D

newrider.com