Finding the line

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Jess has been doing brilliantly since going on the prascend, 100% and feeling strong as an ox :)
Last Saturday I moved harry in with her and hank so gave them a fair sized patch of fresh grass to keep them busy and hopefully everything calm. Saturday night she was maybe 1/10 left fore lame, i assumed from the little spat that had obviously happened from the kick on hank and bites on harry. By Sunday she was sound but slight digital pulse in the left fore, Monday and Tuesday she had slight pulses in both fores, weds back to normal and that was about when the patch of grass had been eaten down. I rode last night and she is sound and willing but a little flat in her movement.
So I'm now wondering if it was more to do with the grass than the spat itself, so I've put her back up to 1 Prascend a day for the minute, I'm thinking 1/2 is enough when restricted but not when she gets too much fresh grass. I'm not sure if I want to walk so close to the line with her on half but I am keen for her to be on the minimum dose possible, its a quandry :(

I'd be more inclined to restrict her grass than up the Prascend to try & control it. Some horses can cope with grass on Prascend, but with some you still have to be incredibly careful.

Thats the way I want to go really, I just want to settle things down fully again for now. They are on what most would consider bald, about an acre of track between the 3, I just occasionally move the fence a little to give them a bit of fresh pickings, I'm also wary of the autumn flush looming.
I did realise, just now when poo picking, I had in fact given a fair chunk (5M x 5M) of fresh grass 2 weeks in a row, when harry first arrived, then again when he went in with them. I ought to know better than that :(

Wow its certainly a balancing act for sure.
My thoughts also would be less grass than uping the med.

Mine don't have much grass at all now the new place will have grass. I will have to learn about balancing
first hand as well--but right now there is such a prolonged drought going on I don't think things are growing much.

WE NEED RAIN TO DISSIPATE THIS DROUGHT so EVERYONE IS NOT PRAYING FOR FEET
OF SNOW THIS WINTER!~!:eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(:(
(I REALLY don't want to be making THAT prayer)
Some reservoir have less than 40 days water left :eek::eek:

(lol then you get a moron woman interviewed on the news "well how am I supposed to water my LAWN")
big fancy house clearly more money than brains!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't know anything about the meds @Jessey but I do know we all have moments when we 'should have known better' we can't be perfect all the time :) you do the best you can do and sometimes stuff up a little, don't beat yourself up.

I rode her again today and she was less flat, not quite full spring in her step but pretty good, but then we were taking the boys out with the kids and she did a death wall lap round the track, then when we got back and were getting tea ready she charged harry at the gate, slamming her forefeet hard on the stones I laid in the gateway, sliding and kicking up stones and dust everywhere :rolleyes: mardy mare, hopefully she hasn't set things off again.

newrider.com