First Aid Course in South West

Paula Clements

Jul 15, 2002
www.horse-care.co.uk
Hello,

Just thought I would let people know that there is a First Aid course set up in the Taunton area (Somerset). It is open to anyone at all.
It is on 27th and 28th November.

It is to be held at Bishops Lydeard Village Hall -about 10 mins from M 5, Junction 25.

It is aimed specifically at horse riders and riding accidents so is useful for anyone involved with horses.

It is required for the PTT / BHSAI Registered Instructors so anyone doiing their training for an instructor will want to do it.

c.nelson@bhs.org.uk has details and will send you a form.
prices are on the web site. www.bhs.org.uk I think it is cheaper for BHS members.

A company called ProMedical is running it.

Please tell everyone about it for me if you are in the South West. (As I have pushed to get First Aid courses running in this area I want it to be full now that they have set it up!) - but unless it is advertised no one is going to know about it.

for directions you can e.mail me
lingcors@horse-care.co.uk
I will organise coffee/tea if anyone wants it

Cheers everyone
Paula Clements
www.horse-care.co.uk:)

I can't seem to find the right page on the BHS site - how much is it? I would definitely be interested in doing this course on the 28th if I can afford it.

FIRST AID COURSE

Find the info on the BHS site via this route

TRAINING AND EDUCATION - on left of main page

Equine Specific First Aid Course

E.mail c.nelson@bhs.org.uk for an application form

I am not sure how much it is now - about £30 a day if not a member I think - sounds expensive I suppose - but it is a proper certificated First Aid course.

Paula

Cost is MUCH Better than before

We used to have to do the 4 day course which had a two day refresher which was over £100 - so as far as I am concerned, I think it is excellent ! - sorry for your expectations though.
Why not do a one day Red Cross course - it covers the basics - not for riders of course but would do better than nothing. I expect they are quite cheap.
bfn
Paula

newrider.com