First cold in ....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Five years!:cry: Had forgotten how truly miserable they can make us!!! A, a very lucky person as I rarely get them and this is the first in five long years.... Eeek! Feeling cross, hot and bothered with a good measure of sore throat-itis thrown in:giggle: Mr T is plying me with beverages and sympathy but I feel greatly useless and am now going deaf:cry:
Okay grumble over!!! I will never again take for granted good day to day health - I will not moan again, promise!
Anybody recommend good sore throat pastiles or tabs?!

Oh Trewsers, sorry to hear your feeling rough, my youngest used to get terrible tonsillitis doc's recommended Soluble disprin to gargle with, never tried it myself but she used to say it helped.
Get plenty of fluids down you and some paracetamol.... all be over in a few days hopefully. The bit that makes me most miserable is the sore nose and top lip from constant tissue use, blistese lip stuff is great though, stings like holy whatsit when you first put it on but quickly soothes and keeps the skin from drying out.
I'm another lucky one who rarely gets ill, trouble is it's such a shock when I do I'm proper grumpy pants.

Oh Trewsers, sorry to hear your feeling rough, my youngest used to get terrible tonsillitis doc's recommended Soluble disprin to gargle with, never tried it myself but she used to say it helped.
Get plenty of fluids down you and some paracetamol.... all be over in a few days hopefully. The bit that makes me most miserable is the sore nose and top lip from constant tissue use, blistese lip stuff is great though, stings like holy whatsit when you first put it on but quickly soothes and keeps the skin from drying out.
I'm another lucky one who rarely gets ill, trouble is it's such a shock when I do I'm proper grumpy pants.

Thanks - will take some panadols. My head feels like it doesn't belong to me:giggle: Poor Mr T is on nurse duties, he keeps offering to wrap me in blankets:giggle::wub:

Normally get them through the winter as I've got a weak immune system but I've been really lucky the past few years and hardly suffered. Until last week!
I feel your pain, still trying to shift mine and got another sore throat today :poop:

Normally get them through the winter as I've got a weak immune system but I've been really lucky the past few years and hardly suffered. Until last week!
I feel your pain, still trying to shift mine and got another sore throat today :poop:

That's unlucky getting another sore throat:frown: I am self prescribing: ice cream for after my lunch:giggle: Nice and soft.....:angel:

newrider.com