First disaster hack with Amber, and it wasn't her!!! Pics

Arabmare

Nov 1, 2002
Ashford, Kent
www.kbequinephotography.co.uk
So finally after all this awful weather, I managed to have a ride! I don't have a saddle for her so I tried Jasmines treeless saddle on her and rode her around the field first before hacking out incase she didn't like it or something. Hollie got some photos of me.
I look huge!!! Amber is very wide compared to my girls that with a treeless saddle makes her even wider so makes my legs stick out and I look so fat. I really must do something about my weight I don't think about it really until I look at photos and see how big I am now! I'm a bridesmaid this summer and I am trying to diet but havent started yet!!!

Anyway Amber was fine took no notice of the different saddle. Took them out onto road. Shantih wouldn't let Hollie do girth up and she was being a total pig, spinning calling out to Jaz and her foal. In the end I led her until we turned off to another road then Hollie got on her. She started spinning and trotting for home and then I got on and it took me about 10 mins to get Shantih to go forward. Finally she was hacking and we went for about 2 miles no probs. Amber was total star in the end got bit frightened of Shantihs display and stopped leading as she thought that there must be something bad with the way Shantih was carrying on! So Shantih led fine!! Then on way home ( a block so we didn't turn for home) Me and Hollie swapped. What with Shantih desperate to go home nd a field of horses behind a hedge running shantih bolted for home at a canter when hollie was just climbing on. I pooped myself. Luckerly she managed to stop her and she led her home. So in all this I forgot I was riding Amber!! Just felt like I was on Jaz and watching Shantih be a pig. What a good girl Amber was!
Basically i've put it down to Shantih being afraid to hack alone. Although Shantih wasn't alone she doesnt know Amber or have a bond with her. She was trying to get back to Jasmines warning calls. So I suppose when I finally got her hacking out that was good but I should have stayed on her to the end as swapping gave her chance to act up and in her eyes she won but far to dangerous to get back on and her do that again on the road.
Shantih will go without Jaz because me and Dawn used to take Moon and Shantih out but I guess we will have to wait until Shantih see's her as a part of her herd. I might add Amber smashed through the fencing to be with my girls and has been living with them for three days and is boss!!!!
Hoping to do Great Chart happy hack this summer so she better start liking her soon!!!!

Sorry for long post!

Pics before the hack. I might need to get her another saddle, this one doesn't suit me. the barefoot take my shape better!

treeless002800x531.jpg

treeless037531x800.jpg

treeless152800x674.jpg

treeless155800x711.jpg

treeless156800x561.jpg

treeless157800x533.jpg

treeless162800x623.jpg

treeless163800x612.jpg

treeless166800x531.jpg

treeless167800x531.jpg

I think knee rolls hide your thigh a bit so its because I have none??

You are not to big for her. Arabs just have a way of making people look big because of their fine (but strong) bones.

Put on one of them outfits the 'sheiks' wear and you will look fine.

I think you look fine in most of the pictures. She is lovely:smile:

What are you on about you silly moo??? You don't look a bit big, quite slim I'd say!

Lovely pics, Amber is so pretty x

I don't think you look big as in overweight if that's what you were getting at?? Apologies if misunderstood:redface:

You do look quite big in relation to the pony,but you are a not overly small adult on a not overly big pony so am guessing that's no surprise to you?? Do you feel ok on her size wise?? She looks like she's quite happy carrying you so if you feel alright I wouldn't concern yourself with how you look.

The thigh thing BTW,I mentioned the same thing back along on a pic of mine and was informed that everyones thighs look big when they are on a horse,in the interests of denial I am inclined to agree:wink::tongue:

Bound to because they are flattened out. My own thighs look large in pics on horse as well!! Think you have to have stick thighs to look slim thighed on board.

And no you don't look fat on her at all.

Thank you all! I've gone up a dress size since having my son and don't really do any excersise and just getting back into riding so hoping to shed some pounds!

Amber is 14hh-14.1hh and I'm 5'4" shantih is 14.1hh too but she's leaner so I mould round her more! Jasmine is only 13.1hh and I still ride her and she carries me absolutely fine and she's 28 next month! I know Amber is ok with my weight I'm just shocked at my weight! Always been a size 10 until year after I had my son!

Amber is 14hh-14.1hh and I'm 5'4" shantih is 14.1hh too but she's leaner so I mould round her more! Jasmine is only 13.1hh and I still ride her and she carries me absolutely fine and she's 28 next month! I know Amber is ok with my weight I'm just shocked at my weight! Always been a size 10 until year after I had my son!

Welcome to the world of post baby bulge lol.After 3 kids I have despaired of ever getting rid of my 'paunch' (luckily not too big,but def there!!):tongue:

I did think she was smaller TBH,partly because I thought I read when you posted before about her that she was around 13.2-3hh?? (I could have imagined that of course,I confuse easily lol),and partly because she looks smaller,but maybe it's just that she's short in the neck and doesn't look like you have a lot of horse in front of you??
I have the same issue on my pony,and I don't like it at all,much prefer my bigger cob to ride from that POV,but if it doesn't worry you (your girl is prob not naughty like my pony who likes to shove his head down occasionally so I nearly slide right over the front of him:redcarded:),then I really would not concern yourself with looks or weight and just enjoy your pony,or actually horse as an arab is always a horse I believe??

I really really don't think you look big at all, either on her or overweight, seriously, not at all! Sometimes, I think photos can make you look bigger on horses, than you are? I have some photos of Tia and I, I think my god, I look like a heiffer especially in my show tweed which is too big anyway, and then in others I look totally different. And if I have my show hat on, well my head looks nearly as big as my body due to its alien shape! Not a good look!

As long as you feel ok and she feels ok, I don't see why you should be concerned at all!

Thankyou all for your kind comments, you know hiw to make me feel better!

Here's a pic of me when I tried her out in her gp saddle. Makes me look smaller because of the knee rolls I think. They wanted £450 for the saddle but I couldn't stretch anymore :-( but it was a lovely saddle!

arabs257800x690.jpg

newrider.com