First proper solo hack with Petri today :D

WeeBarraxO

May 20, 2008
Glasgow
with no OH walking with me, got to love him he said he will fill all the haynets so I can go out a hack :dance:

madame was very good, was a bit funny and danced around the road a bit a few times .. think it was because everyones wheelie bins where out and someone had painted theirs :unsure:, and she has a bit of a look at the big white SLOW markings on the road, but once told to get on she did :happy:, was her usual slow self untill we turned for home then it was jog jog jog all the way home :redcarded:

Congratulations on your solo hack :dance:

Hattie doesn't like road markings, there is a huge 30 painted on one road, to Hattie it is a horse eating monster.

Woo Hoo :biggrin:

At last place S used to refuse to walk over the painted bikes on the ground we always had to go round them snorting...now its the painted speed bumps that are going to eat her feet :giggle:

Ziggy hardly ever sees road markings because our lanes are so small. A few months ago the council guys had been along the lanes marking all the potholes for repair, and he snorted at every little white loop!

Congrats on getting out there solo :biggrin:

Thanks guys :D, i am just loving doing everything with her :D,

She was so funny at the road markings .. Well it wasn't funny at the time as there was a car behind me and she thought dancing around the road was fun .. But let the car past and tried again .. Nope so thought ok .. Instead of battling with her to move forward (she kept reversing) i done a little tight circle then kicked on ... And she walked over it like it was nothing lol, i think it is more stubberness with her haha, she is like "nope .. I said no .. I am not back down on this .."

I seem to have gained all my confidence back though :D, i had noticed i was alot more nervous when riding red .. Not scared .. Just very wary .. Dont know if its just the thing that he is so big now, at least 16hh i think now, and he has really rubbish balance so i feel like he may fall over if he did try to spook, thought that has improved MILLIONs this year, maybe itsa from the fall with Oscar .. That really shook me up i think, but with Petri all those nerves are gone and i just pootle along :D

**Yay** for pootling .... pootling is good :biggrin: ... i`m sat here grinning for you hun

Yeah i love it :D, its so different riding a ponio that I don't really have to tech anything to, i can just relax and have fun :D, so yup we just pootle along, and go for the odd blast in the x-country field, even rode her bareback in our field last week with just a headcollar on lol, can't wait for the better weather, as our summer field is 5 times the size of our winter field so will be able to ride in there, then i can ride bareback some more :D she is so comfy lol, our winter field has turned to mush now :(

Bareback is fabby !!! Don`t worry about the mush, our fields are the same now, i`ve just brought my two up so they can go in the stables if they want to ... they`re both mud monsters lol .... Spring will be here soon, the nights are already creeping back out slowly :wink:

Bareback is fabby !!! Don`t worry about the mush, our fields are the same now, i`ve just brought my two up so they can go in the stables if they want to ... they`re both mud monsters lol .... Spring will be here soon, the nights are already creeping back out slowly :wink:

Yeah i LOVE bareback, but i find i am so i dunno, I'm not as brave as i used to be lol, i remember galloping a broncing pony across the fields with nothing but a headcollar on .. But now i am like ahhhh lol, but it will come with time i suppose :),

Yeah our field is so boggy now, you would believe it had knee deep grass the week before i bought Petri, but the person i field share with moves hers back up to the other field in april or may i think, so not long yayay, though we dont have stables at the other field ( we have two lovely huge stables in the current field) yayy bring on the summer lol,

newrider.com