First Real North Island Road Ride! (Cheeky) With pictures :)

Cochise

Jun 3, 2002
Auckland, New Zealand
He is amazing. He really is.

I've been so nervous about road riding up here in the North Island as the roads are so narrow and fast with minimal grass verges with lots of bends.

I went out with another horse and his nervous rider. Cheeky took the lead as usual and was an absolute ANGEL although we couldn't go on grass verges and it was all concrete work and he doesn't wear shoes (thank goodness for those strong appaloosa feet!)

Anyway, it's quite pretty and rolling country out there. He was angelic with all the cars passing and put up with the thoroughbred prancing and jogging behind him and even using him as a battering ram.

001-3.jpg

Love his ears, he's so happy and alert.
002.jpg

Back home and the other horse (which crept up next to us and almost broke my arm by bashing his head into my forearm - bruising already appearing) got in front, Cheeky gave up caring by that point and was really sick of its antics!
003.jpg

And back in his paddock (yes, it's Jazz's, I've swapped them as the one he is supposed to be in has too much grass, so Jazz is in there, plus it's closer to the barn, so I am doing more handling with her).
005-1.jpg

And doesn't he look like Batman?? BATAPP!!

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

Some photos of Jazz being beautiful up soon. :p

newrider.com