First ride in our Freeform

martini55

Apr 16, 2004
Scotland
Visit site
I love it! I love it! I love it!:D

My Freeform arrived this morning so I headed up this afternoon to take Martini out (taking advantage of the fact it wasn't raining:rolleyes: ). I took ages tacking her up, ensuring it was in the right place and was a bit concerned as it seemed to be sitting a little uphill, but as soon as I got on it leveled out. My mum is coming tomorrow so she will be able to take pictures for me to have a look at and ensure it is definitely in the right position.

She strode out beautifully, my face was like this -:D the entire way round. And this is the first time I have ridden martini since she got the pads taken off from under her front shoes. I had them put on at the beginning of the summer as she was getting a bit pottery. Now I am beginning to wonder if it was a problem with her feet or a problem with her saddle. I took her down the path where she would normally potter down (even when she had the pads on) and she was striding down it with no problems:D

So, so far so good! I'll get some pictures tomorrow or sunday and will be asking to make sure I have definitely got the fitting right, but from Martini's reaction I think we have:) The only thing that I was a bit concerned about is the fact the front riser pad I am using is not as long as the haf pad, though it is the length of the saddle. Is this okay? Any advice appreciated :)

Last edited:
whoo hoo, bet your pleased:D
i should think the riser should be ok, as long as it doesnt start rubbing her, but you have another pad underneath so you should be ok:)

All the hair on her back wasn't ruffled at all and was lying flat so I presume it is okay anyway. I'll post some pics up tomorrow on sunday (depending on this weather :rolleyes: ) :)

i'll be interested, i'm stuck between pheonix and freeform. I know they are both as good as each other and its just horse/rider choice. looking forward to pics:D

im looking forward to pics aswell:D

lor, i have a fhoenix and a freeform, i use them on different horses, i much prefer my fhoenix and mum prefers the freeform,lol.

Unfortunately didn't get pics this morning as couldn't find the camera and no-one would own up to having it last :rolleyes:. Found it in my dad's room this afternoon so will get pics if I ride tomorrow, if not next weekend :) I tell you one thing about the freeform- it certainly makes you aware of muscles you never knew existed :eek: Had another lovely ride in it this morning but my thighs are aching now :D

The Freeform is a lovely saddle. I trialled it during the summer and I liked it a lot. Unfortunately Benny, my pony, didn't really like it - but I found it very comfortable. I liked the deep seat and felt very secure. Although yes, it does stretch your hips! :D

newrider.com