First Show for Brianne

mu0ljk

Nov 27, 2014
I have been getting on really well with Bria and so decided to take the plunge and to take her up to a local show with Otto and see what Brianne made of it. I had no plans of doing any classes with her I would just take her, get on and maybe do a clear round.

I haven't done anything with Otto this year tbh what with everything happening with Dylan I've not had much enthusiasm for getting out and riding and so all I have been doing is a small 70cm sj class just to keep him ticking over (and me lol!).

Otto was ecstatically happy that his girlfriend was with him which led to much shouting and napping and trying to tank off in the collecting ring.

He did alright in the class up until we reached an oxer which he locked onto and decided to stick an extra stride in and cat leap....only what with rain the previous day we ended up sliding straight through it completely demolishing the jump! The class was tiny and we ended up 2nd. Yup out of two! ;)

I then got on Brianne who stood still for me and had no problems in leaving Otto behind. The collecting ring was empty so I went in there and had a little trot around and then went over to the clear round.

As I was hoping nobody was around and I was able to spend about 15 minutes playing in there! The jumps were tiny but I just wanted to see if she would go over them and whether I had control.

First time round was pretty awful I tried to keep her to a trot and she was pulling like a tank and so we didn't really have any rhythm and I think I was holding her back too much. Then I decided to try a canter and she was much better. We managed some of the turns and although she was way over jumping them we had a bit of rhythm.

So now that I know strange places and horses aren't going to blow her mind I think I am going to look for a few small clinics to go to! And come October the plan is to find an instructor for over the winter anyhow and that will really get us going together.

I've had her 8 weeks, seems much longer!

Didn't get any photos of me and Otto as we all had our hands rather full, but here is Bria! :)

image_zpsxof75e1a.jpeg

image_zpsj1lg2i3o.jpeg

image_zpsc213xz4e.jpeg

Thanks guys! I'm really happy with her! I want to try and get some weight off of her but am not too anxious what with winter approaching.

@Kite_Rider she had a big bath the day before and was wrapped up in a fly rug to stop her getting dirty overnight - she much prefers the muddy look over the white look! :D

newrider.com