first showjumping course/dressage test memories tips advice....

My first show was really a games day :) I got 13 ribbons and i did the perfect unity test ( It was my fi9rst unity test too) and a few weeks ago i did my first show jumping corse at was at a riding school I jumped it perfectly i got told im a nateral I was riding a aged skewbald named hoppy hes awesome todad he is being retired at the end of this year:( :( Im gonna miss him he was the pony that brought all my confadence back after my accident ill just hev to give him a big hug next time i see him gotta go bye

I rember my first Show Jumping course

I jumped the first jump then Mydas stop at the 2nd Jump

You won't get eliminated if you do the wrong movement.

1st time-lose 2 marks
2nd-4
3rd-6
4th-elimination

Just try again oif you don't get the canter or somethig. But be positive-you WILL get the canter!!

You are not supposed to speak but I have found that judges don't seem to notice when I speak quietly to Kally without moving my lips!

And-SMILE!! Makes a happy picture.

Tasha

Good luck muzzy!! for your test

My first in showjumping, was a clear round on a 17HH stallion called CG i adore him and he was fantastic and got me a rosette.
and i did a few more on different horses!

Dressage don't talk to me about that, my first time on my first pony how was only 4, only bolted, reared up 3 times in front of the judge, bucked 2 times and spooked and wouldn't walk or stand!!

After that my first proper course was on chancer and we got into the second round the jumps were about 3ft and i rushed the last biggest jump and hit a plank brought it down and got 6th place in the end

now cross country i love that and have done it 6 times my first time was very slow and missed out some jumps, on chancer we fly around it as she loves it and never refuses, she gets me placed fairly high up!!!

I couldn't smile either!! I was just sat talking to Jacob going, "go on trot now, move your arse....come on PPPPLLLLEEEAAAASSSSEE" It didn't work!!;)
I can't wait to do another test! It was such good fun only very stressful!!!:rolleyes:
Thank you Tasha for your scoring help, luckily I went the right way.....but the canter deffinately needed some determination!!;)
lol, muzzy:)

I have some tips
1) try to stay one
2) dont yell at your mother if she makes you late (( mmm I should remember this tip))
3) make sure you know the test:D
4) I dont have anymore tips Oh yes I do HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

yea at the last pony club rally i yelled at ,my mum for making me Late:eek: :eek: It was her fult luckly I has like 2 minnits once I was there to be there:D

I always seem to be late for pony club rallies-even when we are running early something happens like we get lost, or a horse escapes.

I'm really peed off-Kally is going really well + I was looking forward to my lesson today. But its snowed!!! Oh for an indoor school...

Tasha

It snowed at our stables too! We were trying to muck out and all the snow was getting in the sawdust!:rolleyes: Luckily we do have an indoor school, which was opened about 2 weeks ago so the horses aren't completely used to it and spook lots.....not good! Hope you can ride tomorrow tasha!!:D
lol, muzzy ;)

-Elfin, imagine getting snowed in with Paul!! AAAAHHHH!!:eek:
I really hope it doesn't snow very hard this year.....I don't want to miss any riding lessons and it is so cold and horrible when it snows!!:(

Yeah I managed to ride today, although the ground was so hard! I really wanted to do some canter work because Kally is going so well, but I could only mange a couple of 20m circles on each rein in canter due to the rock solidness of the ground!

Pony Club rally on Wed-I can't wait! Kally is going really well, plus the fact I have my new leather girth and stock to show off!!

Tasha

newrider.com