First time loaning a pony-Help

Minty05

Jun 12, 2016
Hello all,
Help and advice would be greatly appreciated. My daughter (6)has been riding for a year and shares a horse in the week as well as lessons every Saturday, I am just as into the horsey world as my daughter and I have decided to loan a pony for her. We have a stable picked and ready just waiting to find the perfect pony, we are going to view a potential today and the only thing I'm not so sure on is that she has had her molarised wolf teeth removed last year, she still has a bite but bridling is a light issue (I would put bridle on anyway) but I was just wondering what complications this can cause for horse/rider.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Wolf teeth removal is very routine, they have no function but can catch on the bit if left so I have all mine out normally and then never think about it again :)

Wolf teeth removal is very routine, they have no function but can catch on the bit if left so I have all mine out normally and then never think about it again :)
Thank you for replying :)
The current owner says she puts it on in two bits due to this, would this make sense or could it be for another reason?

Perhaps if the bit had caught on them before removal so the pony learned bridling wasn't nice (it can hurt because the Wolf teeth aren't rooted into the jaw, they are floating in the gum) so it's now done differently. I would ask the owner :)

newrider.com